v16 DTS-HD and TrueHD are not shown in the Kodi settings
sudo -s

then try again
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Code:
root@ubuntu_1604:/proc/asound/card0# echo sad_5 rates 0xc0 > /proc/asound/card0/eld#2.0
root@ubuntu_1604:/proc/asound/card0#

As it worked, but looking in eld#2.0 nothing changes and if I try to edit directly the file with vim I get an message that the file is being wrote...

Quote:WARNING: The file has been changed since reading it!!!
Do you really want to write to it (y/n)?y
"eld#2.0" E667: Fsync failed

@fritsch don't bother if it's too cumbersome, I already thank you for your help and patience, it is more an ambition to make it work, it's not like everyday I need to play DTS-HD streams... Smile
You need to change that at the right moment before kodi is starting and before Xorg ist up ... it's all about timing.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Alternatively use the drm_kms_helper workaround use some non broken EDID information, like: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...arantz.bin
Sorry @fritsch I didn't managed to make it work, tried the method with drm_kms_helper trying to pass it as a kernel boot parameter but I didn't succeeded, most of the NAS/Ubuntu container combination I use... Sad
I'll leave it as it is for moment, as I said, is not just like I'm plying DTS-HD or TrueHD everyday and beside this, I have a bigger problem that keeps bugging me now...
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2384262

Thank you !
Hi, just a short update, I decided to move the NAS in another room and get a more silence solution for the living, so I went with an Intel i5 6th generation NUC. After upgrading the kernel to 4.6 Kodi is playing without any problem TrueHD and DTS-HD audio Smile!
So thanks again @fritsch and keep up the good work !

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD and TrueHD are not shown in the Kodi settings0