FireTV game controller - more functions?
Hi everyone,

I use kodi on a FireTV, and my Logitech Harmony emulates the standard voice remote. The voice remote lacks buttons, so for example pressing Back/Return whilst a video is playing, doesn't stop the video, it tabs out orbit (so you can still hear the audio). No problem and I know you can get kodi to behave differently during certain times, but it's fiddly.

Got me thinking, does anyone use the game controller to control kodi? It has way more buttons, and then if each game controller button sends a separate command, we would then have more buttons/commands to play with by default when using a universal remote. For example, there no Y button on the voice remote, but there is on the game controller, so we could use this specific button to be Stop on the harmony.

Just a thought. Same could be said for the harmony and any BT keyboard, just bought an out of the box solution like the game controller may be easier to follow.
IIRC (I'll have to find my Amazon controller somewhere...), it should follow the same basic layout for other controllers, like the OUYA: http://kodi.wiki/view/File:OUYA-Controll...-store.jpg

That's just the very basic layout. I guess we don't have a picture handy that shows what the keys do in various different areas. I might make one tonight.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV game controller - more functions?0