Release Clean Remove - Remove media together with fanart and other related files
Lightbulb 
A Kodi add-on to delete a movie or episode or video cleanly, without leaving behind orphan files.

The kodi "Remove from library" is a nice feature, but only deletes the movie being played. After I started using it, I noticed that I had to manually delete the fanart, the nfo and the subtitles. Or instead ending up with a disk full of unsused garbish.
So I came up with this clean remove, a library removal tool that removes the media and all related files.

I have been using this for quite a while without any problems, so I am sharing it for public use. USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. It will work well if you kept the default naming terminology and paths for fanart and subtitles. Please see below for more details.

WARNING!!! Pay attention to the setting "Movies in separate folders". If this is true, when you delete one movie it will remove the movie from the library and then delete the folder where the movie is, this way deleting all files related to that movie. If you have all the movies in one single folder and set the 'Movies in separate folders', deleting one movie will delete them all. Use this option only if you have movies on separate folders, one movie per folder.

For all other media types (episodes, music videos and videos) this will only delete the fanart, nfo and subtitles related to the media being removed from the library. Everything else on the same folder is not touched.

Optionally, if it was the last episode on the season/folder, it will delete the folder if it's empty.

Files with the following extensions and the same name as the movie/episode are deleted: ".srt" ".pt.srt" ".en.srt" ".nfo" ".jpg" "-poster.jpg" "-fanart.jpg" "-thumb.jpg" "-banner.jpg" "-thumb.jpg"

Installation

- Download the zip file from http://www.starmovies.org/clean_remove.zip
- Open Kodi
- Go to `System -> Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file`
- Enjoy Smile

Or install from the 5-star repository http://www.starmovies.org/kodi.zip

To Use
Select what you want to delete and from the context menu choose "Clean Remove"

Release history
1.0.2 - Update to Kodi 18
1.0.1 - Initial Release
Great idea but it doesn't show on the context menu for me. I'm using the standard confluence skin on kodi 15.2 openelec raspberry pi.
Hi. Realizing that this is brand new and not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, I was wondering...

For my PVR recorded TV episodes, I will typically have in a directory:
1) The recorded show
2) an .edl file (commercial skipping)
3) a .txt file and a .log file (left over from comskip)
4) an .srt file (and sometime another subtitle format)

All of these files have the same root file name with different extensions.

I was wondering if this addon could be extended to delete any file that it sees with the same base file name as the primary file. Basically, I want a del file.* command.
thanks for the addon but in kodi leia not workin!
(2018-10-24, 20:00)daniko Wrote: thanks for the addon but in kodi leia not workin!
 I moved to Leia yesterday, i'm updating all my addon, this one will go soon because i use it regularly
(2016-09-07, 02:58)seeker_ktf Wrote: Hi. Realizing that this is brand new and not wanting to look a gift horse in the mouth, I was wondering...

For my PVR recorded TV episodes, I will typically have in a directory:
1) The recorded show
2) an .edl file (commercial skipping)
3) a .txt file and a .log file (left over from comskip)
4) an .srt file (and sometime another subtitle format)

All of these files have the same root file name with different extensions.

I was wondering if this addon could be extended to delete any file that it sees with the same base file name as the primary file. Basically, I want a del file.* command.
 I will never do a delete *, because I want a clean but safe remove. I've been using this for a long long time and I dont want to risk deleting something important that is left there by mistake.

What is see easily is adding some extensions like the .edl ou .log to the current list of extensions that are deleted: 
".srt" ".pt.srt" ".en.srt" ".nfo" ".jpg" "-poster.jpg" "-fanart.jpg" "-thumb.jpg" "-banner.jpg" "-thumb.jpg"
(2018-10-24, 20:00)daniko Wrote: thanks for the addon but in kodi leia not workin!
 Get the new version 1.0.2, now it works with Leia also
thanks!
hi rodrigl, you can make this addon run automaticly of the end of the movie or episodes and prompt if delete or not?
i instal today kodi leia and dont work,its show in the context menu but when i click it not happend anything...please help
(2018-10-28, 14:41)daniko Wrote: i instal today kodi leia and dont work,its show in the context menu but when i click it not happend anything...please help

The exact same thing happened to me.  I click, and nothing.  I have verified that the "rename and deleted" option is checked (System --> Media --> General), but noting happens.

To make matters worse, if I disable Clean Remove from the menu "delete" doesn't return to the context menu.  Sad  I have to delete manually.
(2019-04-28, 16:24)seeker_ktf Wrote:
(2018-10-28, 14:41)daniko Wrote: i instal today kodi leia and dont work,its show in the context menu but when i click it not happend anything...please help

The exact same thing happened to me.  I click, and nothing.  I have verified that the "rename and deleted" option is checked (System --> Media --> General), but noting happens.

To make matters worse, if I disable Clean Remove from the menu "delete" doesn't return to the context menu.  Sad  I have to delete manually. 
I installed with addon zip file linked here, and it didn't work. I have compared addon.py with github file and it's different. Good zip file is https://github.com/5-star/repository.5st...-1.0.2.zip, or add 5-star repository and then install.
I really really miss this plugin... Any chance for a Kodi v19 update, please? Sad
(2021-10-22, 19:16)dejjem Wrote: I really really miss this plugin... Any chance for a Kodi v19 update, please? Sad

Glad to tell you that version 6.1.0 was just released compatible with V19 and V20
Hi, I use Clean Remove all the time, I especially like the fact that it is accessible directly from the home screen. This saves so much time.

Do you know of a similar addon (accessible directly from the home screen), where renaming or moving files/folders is possible?
Have you ever thought about adding a rename or move function to the Clean Remove addon ? Smile

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clean Remove - Remove media together with fanart and other related files1