Best way to record TV? and stream Live TV?
there is no XBMC scripts for remote-controlling VDR though, is there?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
yes there is.. search for xstreamdev.

ive started to rewrite the entire script but i am busy with the blackmarket stuff right now.
Question 
Hi Guys,

Hope you might be able to help.

I want to build a PVR (i.e. ability to pause and re-wind live TV) and need some helpful direction.

At the moment I've got an Xbox running XBMC (near to our digital tv line in) and computer under the stairs (quite a distance away from the aerial) running Windows XP but which is LAN connected to a router. They both connect wirelessly to each other and am really pleased with the results. There is something missing though and that is the ability to watch, record and pause live TV.

I know that the Xbox can't directly do this but I think there are plugins to use the Xbox as a front-end.

Unfortunately the computer under the stairs is also pretty slow:

Intel Pentium III 600Mhz
512MB RAM
100GB Memory via 3 hard drives (most of which is already full and the computer won't cope with anything larger at the moment)
Motherboard: SE440BX-3 AA722396-112

In a perfect world I'd have a decent spec computer running (quitely) near the Xbox and could then have the xbox as my front-end and the computer as the backend.

However, it doesn't seem as though that could be possible so I am thinking about building a small, quiet PVR to place next to the Xbox still using XBMC (if there is a plugin) as the front-end. Initial thoughts were MythTV as there is a front-end for the xbox but then I know this runs on Linux and everything else at home is Windows based.

I need some ideas both in terms of hardware and OS if possible as I'd like to use the Xbox as the front-end (and links to websites if possible).

By the way, money is an issue so the cheaper the better!

Thanks in advance

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best way to record TV? and stream Live TV?0