OTA and IPTV together with PVR
I have a Haupauge 2250 tuner and I am currently using Nextpvr and KODI.
I would like to be able to also integrate some IPTV.
I tried using Simple IPTV.

What I have found is that I am only able to use one or the other and if I want to switch back and forth I have to completely disable one and enable the other and then restart.

Is there some way to have both my OTA channels and some IPTV all in one EPG? Or at least if they have to be separtate but not to have to restart each time?

Thanks,
Alfred
Same situation here!!

Would be awesome!
The solution is to use a backend that supports multiple input types, since Kodi only really supports one PVR client at a time. You could either switch to a backend that does, such as Tvheadend, or convert all of your inputs into the same type (such as MuMuDvb) and then use that as your input to your backend.
Alright. I think I'll have a look at TVHeadend as I often this this name on various Kodi related forums.

Thanks for the info!
Just realized tvheadend is not for Windows.

Is there a Windows tv server capable of doing the same?

Thanks in advance
It looks like your tuner is ATSC/ClearQAM, not CableCARD. If that is the case, I believe that DVBLogic's DVBLink should work. However, it is more expensive than other options:
  • TVSource (€49): This is to allow your ATSC/ClearQAM inputs
  • IPTV (€49): This allows DVBLink to receive IPTV streams
  • EPG Loader for PercData (€16): This allows DVBLogic to receive guide info from PercData
  • PercData subscription ($30/yr): This is the actual guide data for your inputs
Because DVBLink is commercial software, you cannot use Schedules Direct. However, PercData is a similar service for commercial products.

DVBLink isn't bad software, but IIRC from when I was testing it, it doesn't do conflict handling very well (if at all), and I was less-than-impressed with their series recording/recording rules.

I believe MythTV can run on Windows. I am also uncertain about the current status of SageTV and whether it supports IPTV inputs, but that does run on Windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OTA and IPTV together with PVR0