Solved TV Naming
I am using Jarvis 16.1 and I have noticed some naming problems I will use Battlestar Galactica 1978 for an example the first movie Saga of a Star World was originally shown in three parts however on the Blu Ray it is a complete movie in one file after looking at the Kodi Wiki and following the naming schemes using S01E1.1-E1.2-E1.3.mkv I have it where it shows 1x01 Saga of a Star World (1) but reports it is 60 minutes long and the next episode is 1x04. I have tried some of the other naming schemes such as S01E01.E02.E03.mkv but keep coming up the same. Does anyone know how to make this show correctly? Thanks in advance.
I always thought you should use S01E01E02E03 but would need to check the wiki for the naming of files.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files...ti-episode
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the replies. I have tried that scheme TRaSH and it list three shows as 60 minutes long. and nickr I have looked over the KODI WIKI naming schemes till I was blue in the face. So I guess it can't be done properly.
3 episodes is what you want isn't it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
No I would like them to be combined into one that shows like this 1x01-1x03 Saga of a Star World or 1x01,1x02,1x03 Saga of a Star World. It would show one file that covers three episodes. I also have checked the combine episodes under Settings, Video in the Nebula skin. I think it's because The TV Database does not have the Blu Ray only the Aired and DVD layout. I have also experimented with .nfo files but those did not work. As it is now I have three entries for Saga of a Star World and they all start at the beginning. I am looking into using bookmarks as a possible solution but when it's a movie I really can't remember where the episodes begin and end. I have the same problem with the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century episode Awakening. Thanks for the input nickr.
Just name it episode one then, and use an nfo to override the title.
I tried using .nfo files but I could not get it to recognize them. I made sure to give it the same name S01E1.1E1.2E1.3.mkv and S01E1.1E1.2E1.3.nfo. I also followed the WIKI on how to create them.
http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files. I even made sure they were UTF-8 formatted. I must be doing something wrong just not sure what. Thanks again for the reply.
Call it S01E01 or it will end up with 3 entries. Then call your .nfo the same name.
Ok I renamed it S01E01.mkv and S01E01.nfo and it does only show up once but it ignores the name I put in my NFO file.

<episodedetails>
<title>1x01 1x02 1x03 Saga of a Star World</title>
</episodedetails>

Once again thanks for the reply.
Ok I figured it out with nickr's help I named the episode S01E01.mkv then named the NFO file S01E01.nfo and the NFO file contains.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<episodedetails>
<title>1x02. 1x03. Saga of a Star World</title>
<aired>1978-09-17</aired>
<plot>The Cylon Empire tricks the Twelve Colonies into believing they are striving for peace. Then they ambush the unprepared colonies and destroy the military's Battlestar fleet. One surviving Battlestar, the Galactica, under the command of Commander Adama, gathers the remaining humans and leads them in the search for the legendary 13th colony called Earth.</plot>
</episodedetails>

Then you have to refresh each file individually from within KODI and select no when asked if you want to use information from the internet. It works great! Thanks to all who replied and looked in.
I am afraid I don't see where to mark this as solved. If a kind Moderator could do that for me I would appreciate that.
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-01, 21:22)DarrenHill Wrote: Thread marked solved.

Thank you so much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Naming0