• 6(current)
Beta IMDb watchlist player
(2016-09-03, 21:48)ed_davidson Wrote: Is that line just going to update TV shows once or will that line change after it updates?

Sent from my iPhone

It gets updated on every update from tvdb but it looks like yours got corrupted at some point. What does it say right now?
I'll let you know when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-09-03, 21:23)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-09-03, 21:15)ed_davidson Wrote: Which line of the settings.xml needs changing? Can I edit the addon and the addon_data settings.xml?

Your settings file should be here:
Code:
\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.imdb.watchlists\settings.xml

The update_tv_time line should look something like this:
Code:
<setting id="update_tv_time" value="2016-09-03 20:02:05" />

You can update it by hand if you need to or rename it and check that that was the problem.

Here's the full contents of my settings.xml on version 21
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="english" value="true" />
    <setting id="export" value="true" />
    <setting id="update" value="true" />
</settings>
(2016-09-03, 23:31)ed_davidson Wrote:
(2016-09-03, 21:23)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-09-03, 21:15)ed_davidson Wrote: Which line of the settings.xml needs changing? Can I edit the addon and the addon_data settings.xml?

Your settings file should be here:
Code:
\userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.imdb.watchlists\settings.xml

The update_tv_time line should look something like this:
Code:

You can update it by hand if you need to or rename it and check that that was the problem.

Here's what i have in my settings.xml
Code:
<settings>
</settings>

And here's what i have in the addon folder settings.xml
Code:
<settings>
<category label="Display">
<setting id="english" label="English Titles" type="bool" default="false" />
<setting id="hide_duplicates" label="Hide Movies Already In Library" type="bool" default="false" />
<setting type="lsep" label="Sort Order"/>
<setting id="sort" type="enum" values="Default|A-Z|User Rating|Your Rating|Popularity|Votes|Release Date|Date Added" label="Sort" default="0"/>
<setting id="order" type="enum" values="Ascending|Descending" label="order" enable="!eq(-1,0)" default="0"/>
</category>
<category label="Lab">
<setting id="duplicates" label="Allow Adding Duplicates to Library" type="bool" default="true" />
<setting id="update" label="Update Library after Add Watchlist to Libary" type="bool" default="false" />
<setting type="lsep" label="Update Timer"/>
<setting id="subscription_update" type="bool" label="Enable Update Timer" default="false"/>
<setting id="update_tv" label="TV Shows" type="bool" enable="eq(-1,true)" default="false"/>
<setting id="update_watchlists" label="Subscribed Watchlists" type="bool" enable="eq(-2,true)" default="false"/>
<setting id="subscription_timer" type="enum" values="2h|5h|10h|15h|24h" label="Update Frequency" enable="eq(-3,true)" default="2"/>
<setting id="service_time" type="text" label="Service Time" default="2000-01-01 00:00:00" visible="false"/>
</category>
</settings>
I added this line

Code:
<setting id="update_tv_time" value="2016-09-03 15:40:05" />

And at that time nothing happened
That is very strange how you only have three settings in your userdata folder. You should have one for each of the id="..." values in the addon folder's settings. Try pressing Default. Do you use profiles?

Have you had it working fully with subscriptions and updates before?

My file looks like this.
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="duplicates" value="false" />
    <setting id="export" value="false" />
    <setting id="hide_duplicates" value="true" />
    <setting id="last_update" value="1470229898.05" />
    <setting id="order" value="0" />
    <setting id="service_time" value="2016-08-05 19:31:22" />
    <setting id="sort" value="0" />
    <setting id="subscription_timer" value="2" />
    <setting id="subscription_update" value="false" />
    <setting id="update" value="false" />
    <setting id="update_tv" value="true" />
    <setting id="update_watchlists" value="true" />
</settings>
I don't use profiles. I'm not sure I really understood how the library updated so not sure if it actually did or not.
I'll try resetting to default and try that and get back to you.

Okay so I reset it to default now I get the settings.xml as:
Code:
<settings>
    <setting id="duplicates" value="true" />
    <setting id="hide_duplicates" value="false" />
    <setting id="order" value="0" />
    <setting id="service_time" value="2000-01-01 00:00:00" />
    <setting id="sort" value="0" />
    <setting id="subscription_timer" value="2" />
    <setting id="subscription_update" value="false" />
    <setting id="update_tv" value="false" />
    <setting id="update_tv_time" value="2016-09-03 16:37:53" />
    <setting id="update_watchlists" value="false" />
</settings>
but it still doesnt seem to update anything
Any ideas?
I hope we are talking about the same library? I was talking about the Kodi library not getting updated. My IMDb watchlist was always up to date, allthough clicking update TV Shows originally gave me the script error. My Kodi library does not get updated when i click update TV Shows or Update TV Video library.
I do see a setting in meta to update library though. I would have thought there would be a setting to have it update automatically. Clicking the update library in Meta did not do anything.
The only way I could get it to add was to click the Add to library under the watchlist. That then readded everything. Should this not be an automated command? We are trying to sync the 2.
I don't understand the difference of the 2 commands, Add to Library and update library? Maybe the Update Library is the automated add to library command for a watchlist already in the kodi library but add to library should not be run if you don't want a kodi library. Although if you set the library source up then you must want to see entries in the library. If you didnt set it up then you won't see it anyway.

Sent from my iPhone
So I figured this much. If I add a movie to my IMDb account on my phone, then go to the IMDb Watchlist addon it is there.
Then clicking Update Video Library this does NOT add the entry to my Kodi Library.
I think that this is the problem why stuff is not getting updated.
The only way to get this entry added to my Kodi library is to click Add to Library.
Also should it get updated periodically on a timer?

Also clicking Add all Watchlist Subscriptions just brings up the working wheel in the corner for a long while but ends up not actually doing anything.

Kind Regards Ed
(2016-09-04, 03:41)ed_davidson Wrote: So I figured this much. If I add a movie to my IMDb account on my phone, then go to the IMDb Watchlist addon it is there.
Then clicking Update Video Library this does NOT add the entry to my Kodi Library.
I think that this is the problem why stuff is not getting updated.
The only way to get this entry added to my Kodi library is to click Add to Library.
Also should it get updated periodically on a timer?

Also clicking Add all Watchlist Subscriptions just brings up the working wheel in the corner for a long while but ends up not actually doing anything.

Kind Regards Ed

That last fix might not have worked. Try 0.0.23.

I had forgotten how this addon worked so I wrote a help file for you and me. Wink It is in the addon folder as help.txt and below.

You need to Subscribe to a Watchlist before it will be added to the internal library in "Add All Subscribed Watchlists to Library".
You have to add the userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.imdb.watchlists\Movie and TV folders to Kodi\Video\Files.
Then when you do an "Update Video Library" the internal library will be added to Kodi's library.
The Update Timer settings are in Settings \ Lab \ Update Timer.

Code:
IMDb Watchlists

# Add Watchlist
- shown when no lists have been added or in Maintenance
- either
  - user url eg http://www.imdb.com/user/ur11111111/watchlist
  - user number eg ur11111111
  - list url eg  http://www.imdb.com/list/ls11111111/
  - list number eg ls11111111
- addon will attempt to read title of the Watchlist

# Remove Watchlist
- context menu or Maintenance

# Add To Library
- Movies - end up in userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.imdb.watchlists\Movies
  - Movies are named with tt1111111
  - the strm file contains a link to play in Meta4Kodi
  - the nfo file contains a link to IMDb

# Delete From Library
- will delete the strm and nfo files from userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.imdb.watchlists\Movies or TV

# TV Shows - userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.imdb.watchlists\TV
  - Shows have a folder named with the IMDb number tt1111111
  - inside the folder is an nfo file with a link to the tvdb number
  - the strm files are links to Meta4Kodi

# Update TV Shows
  - will scan the TV folder and search TVDB for updated episodes

# iSearch
  - will launch Super Favourites iSearch with the name of the Movie or TV Show filled
  - user Spoyser's repo version of Super Favourites to get the latest addon searches

# Add to Sickrage
  - will appear if you have plugin.video.sickrage for tv shows

# Add to Couchpotato
  - will appear if you have plugin.video.couchpotato_manager for movies

# Kodi Library Integration
  - add the userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.imdb.watchlists\Movies or TV in Kodi\Video\Files
  - set them to Movies and TV respectively
  - run the Kodi commands Update Library or context menu Scan For New Content to add them to your Kodi library

# Subscribe
  - either watchlist context menu or Maintenance \ Watchlist Library Subscriptions
  - this sets the watchlist up for scheduled updates
  - nothing is added right now

# Add All Subscribed Watchlists to Library
  - will add your subscribed watchlist contents to the Movies or TV folders
  - it effectively runs Add To Library on each movie or tv show in your library
  - it won't run the Kodi \ Update Library command for you

# Delete Library
  - will delete every movie and tv show in the userdata Movie and TV folders

# Update Video Library
  - will run the Kodi \ Update Library command for you
  - if you added the Movie and TV folder in step "Kodi Library Integration" they should be in your normal Kodi library now

# Clean Video Library
  - will run Kodi \ Clean Library (video)
  - if you have deleted any items they should be gone from the Kodi Library too after this

# Settings
- English Titles - try to trick IMDb into thinking you live in the USA
- Hide Movies Already in Library
- Sort Order
- Update Libary After Add Watchlist to Library - might be slow if you add a TV Show with many seasons

# Settings\ Lab\ Update Timer
- TV Shows - only the TV folder will be scanned for new episodes
- Subscribed Watchlists - any new items in your watchlist will be added to the userdata folder
- NOTE: Kodi \ Update Library is NOT run after an update
- you can use "XBMC Library Auto Update" service.libraryautoupdate to trigger an update
I think the fix for my issues would be a Add to Library command whenever Kodi is started, like the Kodi library is updated automatically.
What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-09-04, 15:49)ed_davidson Wrote: I think the fix for my issues would be a Add to Library command whenever Kodi is started, like the Kodi library is updated automatically.
What do you think?

I think the addon will do a watchlist and/or tv show update on startup if it has passed the time that it last did an update.
The Settings \ Lab \ Update Frequency is in hours.

You can set Kodi to Update its library on startup: Kodi \ Settings \ Video \ Library \ Update library on startup.
I don't know if the IMDb Watchlists will get updated before the Kodi Library in that case.

My recommendation is to use the XBMC Library Auto Update addon to trigger the Kodi Update.

I tried to trigger the Kodi Update after the IMDb Update but something didn't work right and I didn't get to the bottom of it.

Will that work for you or do you want me to find a way to get all the updates triggered on login?
My issue is that I currently have a couple of movies I'm my IMDb Watchlist addon that I can't get into my Kodi library automatically. My Kodi library updates on startup every time. I have clicked all the links in IMDb Watchlist addon, but they don't seem to get added.
The only command that will add them is the Add to Library command. Is there some way of automating this IMDb command?

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-09-04, 16:13)ed_davidson Wrote: My issue is that I currently have a couple of movies I'm my IMDb Watchlist addon that I can't get into my Kodi library automatically. My Kodi library updates on startup every time. I have clicked all the links in IMDb Watchlist addon, but they don't seem to get added.
The only command that will add them is the Add to Library command. Is there some way of automating this IMDb command?

Let me know the user list and which items and I'll have a look. pm me if you want to hide the details.
It might just be a bug with parsing the name with unicode characters or something.
It's not my list that's the issue.
You can try it yourself if you use IMDb.
It is the same issue with TV shows.
If you import your watchlist to to Kodi library by clicking add to library it all goes in.
Then add another movie to your IMDb account and try and get it into the Kodi Library without clicking Add to Library.
I think you'll find it doesn't work.
I hope you're picking up what I'm laying down?? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-09-04, 16:21)ed_davidson Wrote: It's not my list that's the issue.
You can try it yourself if you use IMDb.
It is the same issue with TV shows.
If you import your watchlist to to Kodi library by clicking add to library it all goes in.
Then add another movie to your IMDb account and try and get it into the Kodi Library without clicking Add to Library.
I think you'll find it doesn't work.
I hope you're picking up what I'm laying down?? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]

Press the "Add All Subscribed Watchlists to Library" command. It is called update_watchlists internally.
For some reason, that made sense at the time, I renamed it from "Update Watchlists" to "Add All Subscribed Watchlists to Library".
Then press "Update Video Library" to get the addon library into the Kodi library.

I think "Update Subscribed Watchlists" might be better.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IMDb watchlist player1