Is this bug fixed in v17 final?
I don't want to annoy the devs and I also hope I don't do it with this thread, but I'm quite scared that this won't be fixed in v17 final.

I know it's only alpha 3 and nightly versions, but if there is a v17 final I really need this fixed.

http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16772

AngelAngelAngel
I just downloaded v17.0 beta 1 for testing and it now works one time as it should, but then I press x to stop playback of the first file and play another file, then the bug is here again and also for all other files I test after that.
I just downloaded v17.0 beta 2 for testing and it still the same like in beta 1. Please let me know if you need any information.

Klaus
You have to expect that Krypton is not going to work as well as the final of Jarvis. It is in Beta and is expected to be broken and/or have parts of it broken.

For best results, use Jarvis....especially since you know it works as expected.
I just downloaded v17.0 beta 3 for testing and it still the same like in beta 2 and beta 1. For more information see http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16772
I think FernetMenta gave you your answer on the ticket. You might not like it, but I think it is what it is:

Quote:this can't be "fixed" properly for v17 because this is not a feature that has ever been implemented by design. what you observe in versions v16 is a behaviour by chance. for a proper fix the video thread needs to be separated from the main thread. otherwise the app deadlocks on start of playback.

scott s.
Then I don't upgrade to v17. Kodi is a MediaCenter Software and should do what what it is designed for.

@developers: May you please separate the video thread from the main thread? Do you plan to do that? If so, does v17 final contain the "fix"?

What I don't understand is why v16.1 works everytime like it should despite the fact that it is a "behavior by change".
Please reread the bugreport. To summarize: no, not for v17 it needs 1000ds of lines of code changes to work.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-10-06, 08:14)Klaus1189 Wrote: Then I don't upgrade to v17. Kodi is a MediaCenter Software and should do what what it is designed for.

@developers: May you please separate the video thread from the main thread? Do you plan to do that? If so, does v17 final contain the "fix"?

What I don't understand is why v16.1 works everytime like it should despite the fact that it is a "behavior by change".

It was not a behaviour "by change" but a behaviour "by chance"
It should not have work on kodi 16.1 neither

As Fernetmenta tell you: too much work to be done to include it in v17
Moanbag is in da place!
(2016-10-06, 13:54)Gracus Wrote: It was not a behaviour "by change" but a behaviour "by chance"
It was a typo.

What do you mean by "It should not have work on kodi 16.1 neither"
Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean that v16.1 shouldn't work like it does?

@developers: but for v18 these two are separated? I beg for it AngelAngelAngel
(2016-10-06, 15:28)Klaus1189 Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 13:54)Gracus Wrote: It was not a behaviour "by change" but a behaviour "by chance"
It was a typo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean that v16.1 shouldn't work like it does?

No need to correct you as you perfectly understand!
v16.1 should have the same issue for you than v17 (reading what Fernetmenta said, I think that all kodi version should have this issue)
But something in v16.1 stopped the issue to be triggered (add-on, setting, code, ...) or something in v17 finally trigger it for good

For v18, only time will answer you!
Seperate video thread from main thread will be a huge work and nobody can tell when a dev will have time to work on it and how many times it will take to him to do it
Moanbag is in da place!
Aaah OK, but v15.x and v16.x were fine and also when Kodi was called XBMC. The issue only came up for me since the first v17 builds.
(2016-10-06, 16:01)Gracus Wrote:
(2016-10-06, 15:28)Klaus1189 Wrote:
It was a typo.

No need to correct you as you perfectly understand!
v16.1 should have the same issue for you than v17 (reading what Fernetmenta said, I think that all kodi version should have this issue)

What I belive it means is that prior to v17 it work only by chance before, not by design.

There's been a lot of work been done to clean up the code to make it easy to maintain and easier to add features, unfortunately this has had the effect of breaking some things we didn't even know the old code was capable of doing, as in some areas it's gotten into such a mess it's very difficult to follow. In some cases these things being broken were never intended to work, however if there's a good use case for anything in this category I'm sure an attempt will be made to add it back in the proper way.
Fernet said it exactly, not sure how that is not understandable... it worked by luck only.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I tested v17 final and I think this bug is only present when switching to 23 Hz or 24 Hz Mode. It is only present when using fullscreen window.
If I use true fullscreen (disabled fullscreen window) this bug is not present, but then I got flickering issues while switching:
I think this commit created the flickering issue:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/abcd...02fbfadc51

You can see more here for the flickering issue
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=256053

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is this bug fixed in v17 final?1