Please can someone help me?
Hi all

i am about to throw my MX Mini box out of the window. I was having some mega problems with it so i went online and found a build by some outfit called 'KodiTips'
all went ok until i had to reboot it. It now hangs on the Kodi welcome screen. ive tried the hard reset menu only to find i can highlight the option i want but cannot for the life of me select it. What can i do? is there anyway of connecting it to my laptop and maybe downloading a build to it that way? i am stumped for ideas.

Please help because Koditips aint interested as ive tried to email em and tweet em. There has to be someway of doing this via a computer surely?

thanx all.
(2016-08-03, 20:58)mightycee79 Wrote: Hi all

i am about to throw my MX Mini box out of the window. I was having some mega problems with it so i went online and found a build by some outfit called 'KodiTips'
all went ok until i had to reboot it. It now hangs on the Kodi welcome screen. ive tried the hard reset menu only to find i can highlight the option i want but cannot for the life of me select it. What can i do? is there anyway of connecting it to my laptop and maybe downloading a build to it that way? i am stumped for ideas.

Please help because Koditips aint interested as ive tried to email em and tweet em. There has to be someway of doing this via a computer surely?

thanx all.

You were informed in your previous thread that we do not support piracy "builds" and were given instructions on how to install official Kodi on the device:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280118

You chose not to follow the advice given to you in your previous thread.

So why come back here again looking for help?

**edit** I misread the post where the OP had commented asking for help, it was not his thread. - dangelus
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I dont understand? i am brand new to kodi so i dont know what a privacy build is? all i want to know is how i get the crap off my box and use something decent like the stuff you guys promote
i wasnt given any advice.
all i want to know is how to fix my box because at the moment i cant do anything with it. why be so pretentious? im looking for help because i dont have a clue.
that post you are refering to wasnt my post. all i did was comment on it from what i can gather.
Apologies, it was not you post you are correct.

Nevertheless after your comment in that post a link was provided on how to install Kodi on Android.

Did you try one of those methods?

As I said, we don't support 3rd party "builds" only legitimate Kodi and associated forks such as the Android fork SPMC.
Did you try the walkthrough link I gave you in the other thread?

HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Android (wiki)

You'll need to completely erase and remove what you have there now and put an official build on there.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
yeah i can see why you only support the proper ones mate. im gonna go and have a look at that link now. its driving me nuts. cheers pal
that guide is no good pal. the issue i have is i cant do anything with my box.i cant use the advanced boot menu to master-reset the thing.
Are there any hardware reset options (e.g. holes in the back where you stick a pin or something like that)?

I'm going to move this thread to the hardware section, as maybe someone there has experience with these boxes and can offer more advice on how to blank the thing so that you can start again.

Dealing with specific manufacturers hardware is a little outside our area here as Kodi is just software, but perhaps someone may be able to help. Or else can you see if you can find a forum for the hardware box itself, and see if anyone there can help you more?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-08-03, 22:12)mightycee79 Wrote: that guide is no good pal. the issue i have is i cant do anything with my box.i cant use the advanced boot menu to master-reset the thing.

We were asking if you had tried to install Kodi the way you were recommended in that thread before you resorted to that junk.

Yes this guide is no good to you now that your system is borked with that rubbish. Only uninstalling or at least clearing the Kodi app data will get you somewhere now. From the sound of it you can't even get into the Android settings? Maybe somebody in the hardware forum can help like Darren suggested.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please can someone help me?0