Linux Kodi Green artifacts 4k@60hz
That was/is the standard road to take right ;-)
(almost 10 years ago)
(2016-08-05, 18:25)popcornmix Wrote: Looks to me like a signal integrity issue caused by the HDMI cables.
Higher resolution and framerate means higher pixel clock which is more prone to degradation.

Shorter/higher quality cables/adapters may help.

Compare with image from raspberry pi with long hdmi cable:
http://elinux.org/R-Pi_Troubleshooting#I...VI_monitor

Just checked all my cables, does not seem they are HDMI High Speed Class.
https://turbofuture.com/computers/do-i-n...i-20-guide
Going to buy a high speed cable this afternoon and check that first.
Try 30 hz - gone?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Took some time, but today I got my new cable set in Big Grin
Immediately reconnected with new cables (which are HDMI2.0 advertised and online I saw they should be able to do the magic).

Turned the tv on & HTPC and now after 30 mins and couple of reboots/restarts still not a single green pixel in 4K@60Hz. So I am quite happy so far.
So issue seems to be solved (yeeeeajjj).

Thanks Popcorn & Fritsch
I am having the exact same issue on 2 computers. One an HTPC and one a gaming computer. Both all of a sudden have green sparkles and blanking at 4k 60hz. When I take the Hz down to 30 it stops. Finding it hard to imagine I have 2 bad cables here. As I just uploaded new drivers from Nvidia on both computers within a week I have to think this is more likely the culprit.

Just this morning rolled back from driver 398.82 (8/1) to 397.93 (5/9). As of now, when I go back to 60hz everything is fine. Turned it off for now and will recheck tonight as roll back drivers on gaming computer.

I can't be the only one having this issue if it truly is a Nvidia driver problem.

Updates to follow.....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Green artifacts 4k@60hz0