How to update 16.1 to Krypton 17 alpha 3
How would I install the Krypton 17 alpha 3 over the Jarvis 16.1 that I already have installed without loosing any and all addons I have installed? Thanks for the help!
You really sure you want to start using an alpha build if you need to ask this question?
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-08-05, 21:05)morleybc Wrote: How would I install the Krypton 17 alpha 3 over the Jarvis 16.1 that I already have installed without loosing any and all addons I have installed? Thanks for the help!

There is no real way, unless each and every one of your addons is alpha 3 ready. Some may break, due to updates in how the addon system works and such.
(2016-08-05, 21:14)Martijn Wrote: You really sure you want to start using an alpha build if you need to ask this question?

I agree as it is a very basic question. Stick with Jarvis
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
How would you install the Krypton 17 Alpha 3 over the Jarvis 16.1 that you already have installed without loosing any and all addons you have installed?

No problem. I'v had exacly the same issue on 2 Linuxmint MATE Sarah v18 PC with Kodi Jarvis 16.1.
I'v today succesfully updated to Krypton 17 using these command lines in Terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv

Details in:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux
(2016-08-26, 16:54)zorba Wrote: How would you install the Krypton 17 Alpha 3 over the Jarvis 16.1 that you already have installed without loosing any and all addons you have installed?

No problem. I'v had exacly the same issue on 2 Linuxmint MATE Sarah v18 PC with Kodi Jarvis 16.1.
I'v today succesfully updated to Krypton 17 using these command lines in Terminal:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install kodi
sudo apt-get install kodi-pvr-mythtv

Details in:
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Install_Kodi_for_Linux
Thanks, tried that, windows was confused. Tongue

If you (the OP) want to try krypton just look on the wiki and search the forum for threads on portable installs.
Install to a different location, edit the shortcut with -p and running it won't affect your original install. You can even copy your data into the portable_data folder that's created if you want to test how an upgrade would perform.
Keep Jarvis, test Krypton, nothing breaks.
There is an add-on to backup all your data before upgrade. I found one that might help you
http://pcguideplus.com/how-to-backup-kod...d-setting/
It worked for me, add-ons, setting, and even may playlist can be restored.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to update 16.1 to Krypton 17 alpha 30