Pixelated Picture Slideshow
Photo 
Hello all,
I am trying to create a picture slideshow on Kodi with my 10k library of pictures. I recently purchased a Seagate Central 4tb and am using it as a NAS. I also purchased a Raspberry Pi 3. I downloaded the osmc os on the RP3 and went into Pictures and was able to find and add my NFS in the SMB category. I started a recursive slideshow and everything went pretty smoothly except for the fact that 1/3 of the pictures were pixelated. I read up online that there was a problem with the RAM management on Kodi with the RP3. I had an extra computer laying around, so I figured I would give that a try to see if the underlying problem was found within Kodi's software, or the RP3. Again, I went through the same setup process and started the slideshow. Once more, about 1/3 of the pictures came up pixelated. I knew at that point that there wasn't a problem with RAM management as the computer I used the second time has 4gb of DDR3 Ram installed. I also know that all of the pictures I'm using are all good quality and none of them are actually this pixelated when viewing them on a regular computer without Kodi. I should also note that all of my pictures are in .jpg format. I'm a bit stuck and I cant find anything else online about this. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Reece

Here are some pictures from the slideshow:
watch gallery

(Just in case that didn't work, here's a link: http://imgur.com/a/poxXS )
Are these photo also pixelated in Kodi when you view them as a single picture? I mean, when you click Enter to see the photo instead of using the slideshow. What happens when you zoom in on the photo (by using the 0 (zero) key)?
Hello, thank you for you response. All of the pictures look fine when they are individually tested. I cannot get them to zoom in for some reason, but I would imagine that that wouldn't make a difference whatsoever. Any other ideas? I recently updated it too and that didn't do anything to fix it either.
Thank you!
I'm stuck on this as well. I'm new to kodi and using version 16 (jarvis). I have over 10k photos on a synology NAS linked to nvidia shield running spmc over gigabit ethernet network.

When I go through a folder pic by pic everything is in perfect resolution (works perfectly when not in a slideshow) and there are no low-quality images popping up.

When I pick any folder for recursive randomized slideshow about half the photos are perfect resolution, and some are medium-quality but worse than original, and some are massively pixelated/low resolution.

I have seen posts about synology creating thumbnails with @eaDir as hidden folder that can accidentally display, but I can find no such folder when I search (including hidden folder search) and when I try to exclude @eaDir from the search with xml files it makes no difference. This doesn't seem to be my problem.

As another clue (?) when I try a recursive slideshow without any shuffling, I get a display of the medium quality photo (for the fixed seconds I chose in the options), then the terrible quality of the same exact photo, then the full resolution of the same photo. Yet there is only one such copy of a photo like this in the folder??

Is anyone able to get this to work or suggest troubleshooting? Is anyone able to get a recursive slideshow (randomized) working well from a NAS in full resolution?

Thanks for any help folks!
as an update to my above post, the screen saver slide show works perfectly, so I don't think it's a problem with the synology NAS source folders or ethernet speeds. I suspect it's a problem with the kodi picture component. FWIW I am using SPMC...
hi everybody,

i have the same problem with jarvis and krypton. everything is shown perfect only some the slideshow gives me pictures with a really bad resolution. it seems like there are preview pictures with different size included in the slideshow
Late update to this thread for those synology users with any such problem.  Creating the xml file at the bottom of this post helped.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173919

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pixelated Picture Slideshow0