Library display problems
First of all, I'd just like to say that Kodi completely blows me away. I've never used it before and it's perfect for a HTPC.

I spent the past couple of days fiddling around with all the settings and got it pretty much the way I want it, but I'm experiencing something odd with the video library:

If I set the content type of the sources (I have 3 folders for Movies, Shows and Music videos) appropriately, nothing shows in the Library or File sub-menu items of the main screen) except a question mark icon with a couple of dots.

If I set the content type to None, then all the videos show up in the File sub-menu (but not in the library)

I've tried everything I can think of including deleting MyVideos**.db but nothing seems to help.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Kodi 15.2
Ubuntu 16.04.1
Ubuntu 16 - Kodi 18
I'll direct you to the Video management (wiki) and how Kodi handles your media. The basics are you throw properly named media into a drive/folder and select in Kodi that place as a source, then the type of media (video/music/tv etc) set the scraper (default is good) and settings (ensure you have scan recursively toggled), and scrape/scan in that source. When successfully scrapped, Kodi will have added that media to your library and all will be good.

Key to keep in mind that all files are shown in 'file mode' but you will not have the benefits of the library features, the 'file or Video mode' button is primarily used for file maintenance. You might want to check out Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks, Pat!

In fact I already have my movies in directories matching the file names, which are the names of the movies, so that doesn't seem to be the issue.

The problem in the library seems to be related to the movie titles. If I select the other library display methods such as Actors, Directors, Studios etc. these all show up fine, but won't display the appropriate movie titles when selected.

If I select "Movie information" from the context menu of a movie in the file list, the information is also displayed perfectly,
Ubuntu 16 - Kodi 18
Aaaargh! Finally found it - somehow the list was toggled to "watched" instead of "All" in the left-hand menu, and as I hadn't yet watched a movie using Kodi - doooh!
Ubuntu 16 - Kodi 18

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library display problems0