Is it possible to pre-input WiFi info? (OpenELEC/LibreELEC)
Not to long ago I setup a raspberry pi 3 with OpeneELEC for a friend. It was relatively easy and worked well, the only real issue was to save money (remote itself and an IR receiver) he used his phone and the official Kodi remote app. He lived in a different state so after I mailed it to him he just had to hook up a physical keyboard so he could get OpenELEC on his WiFi so that the Kodi remote app could control it. He's tech inclined so this wasn't much of a problem.

Now, I'm thinking of doing this again for a family member who lives out of state. They can plug in an HDMI and power cord, but getting connected to their WiFi might cause an issue, which would be required for the remote app. If I get their SSID and password, is there a way with OpenELEC or LibreELEC to pre-input the WiFi information so it'll automatically connect when they plug it in?

Thanks.
You have two options. Check under userdata folder if in librelec config addon those inputs exsist.
Second you can create the same ssid and encription as they have and connect it. Just a note it is case sensitive.
Settings are in .cache/connman
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the suggestions. I placed an order for a new Pi3 so I'll be able to test this next week. I'll first try it with my own WiFi and if it works I'll re-edit the .cache/connman with my cousins info. If the .cache/connman doesn't work I'll setup a guest network that uses their info and try illiac's suggestion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is it possible to pre-input WiFi info? (OpenELEC/LibreELEC)0