Win official kodi addons
I read the forum rules, and missed the section about violation of rules when posting, ie. asking questions about addons that are not official kodi addons. I know now that the addons I was asking for help with are not official kodi addons, and apologize for the time a administrator had to take to move my thread to the spam section.

I guess I am not as educated on kodi as I thought, when looking up popular addons.

Lesson learned, and thank you for the feedback.
No problem, no points deducted. Kodi is plain incredible on it's own, plain jane, throw in the official repository add-ons and it's all juice. Don't feel intimidated but informed, we all want Kodi to be around a long time and fending off legal challenges wouldn't sit right with the majority.
My mate at SKY will soon have ALL the illegal content banned via Sky in the UK or a lot of it he's adding blocks to the current urls.

Obviously they will change the urls but lots of hassle.

I think ppl wanting to play stuff they shouldn't should keep it well away from Kodi and stick to the likes on news groups etc save Kodi getting a bad name.
One thing which I want to ask to the honorable members of this forums that i just see a blog with the title of top 20 kodi addons of 2016. https://www.vpnranks.com/best-kodi-addons/
Is this reliable, If not than please provide me some trustable source.
No, it's not. First add-on mentioned is banned here!

It's like this. If an add-on supplies you with movies and/or tv shows that you would normally expect to have to pay for, then it's gonna be banned here. EG add-ons linking to movies that are still in theatres, or tv shows that are on subscription based tv such as SKY.

See banned_add-ons (wiki) for a (not exhaustive) list.

It's quite simple really. If an add-on is offering something you would normally have to pay for for free, then it's not going to be legal, is it ?

There are plenty of add-ons offering legal content in the official repo, and a good place to start with that is Category:All_add-ons (wiki).
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-09-28, 10:02)emjenny Wrote: One thing which I want to ask to the honorable members of this forums that i just see a blog with the title of top 20 kodi addons of 2016. https://www.vpnranks.com/best-kodi-addons/
Is this reliable, If not than please provide me some trustable source.

No it's not at all reliable. It's yet another 3rd party site pushing banned add-ons (wiki) for the most part without being honest with their readers about what they are peddling and encouraging them to use. Some there are OK, but roughly half you will find on the banned list as they make use of illegally sourced pirated media. And when those sources are discovered and removed, the add-ons break and the suckers who thought they were getting something for nothing come here and complain about it (doubly so many times when we point out what they've been using when we bin the threads).

As with anything in life, it things seem too good to be true, they quite possibly are. The application of a little common sense should tell you that something offering shows, channels and/or movies for free which you would normally have to pay a subscription for (e.g. Sky), or offering other stuff like movies that are still in the cinemas cannot be legal, legitimate and above board.

Trustable sources are the built-in Kodi official repo, plus usually any add-on here which has an established thread in the add-ons section. Between those and the wider internet with some common sense, care and lack of greed applied should get you along the right lines.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Think of it this way, if you were in a bar and someone came up to you offering a dvd for some recent hollywood movie that's still in the cinema or something that you would only normally get via a subscription service e.g. HBO TV series, then common sense would suggest it's not a legit dvd.

Yet people seem to lose all common sense when it comes to streaming stuff over the internet, if streaming stuff for free was legal then wouldn't the big players in the industry be at it? why would Netflix etc pay for content if it could be had for free? I really don't know how people can be so dumb when they protest they didn't know it was not legal, sorry if that sounds harsh but it's very simple to determine what's legit and what's not if you just use your common sense.
Great stuff here http://addons.kodi.tv/ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
official kodi addons0