Android Change font size
I would like to change the font size in Titan. I know there is the setting to make the font bigger/smaller. I want to go in and change the font size manually in regards to movie/tv titles and also the description of movies/tv. The font size just is not big enough for my old man eyes.
Anything specifically I need to edit the files?
Thanks in advance.
It's possible but it's not going to be easy...

in the skin's 1080i folder, find the file called Font.xml

Notice a few blocks that indicate each font definition.

I suggest you to copy the whole block for the default Large font and name it default XXL or something like that.

Now comes the tricky part because I didn't exactly use good definitions for the fonts :-)
Just go by trial and error to change the font definitions to a larger size.

For example the definition Reg26 is mostly used for descriptions. Change the size element to whatever you see fit and move on.
Note that any changes you make will not be visible in Kodi untill you restart Kodi or issue the ReloadSkin command.

It will be very, very time consuming as you will have to carefully review what your changes did impact.

Once you're done and you're satisfied with the results, please share your new font definition with me so I can include it in the skin base code.
That way not only others can benefit from your work but it will also make sure you don't loose your modifications every time the skin gets updated or you reinstall kodi.

Good luck!

BTW: You did notice that in appearance - skin section teher already is a definition for a large font ?
Marcel thank you. I have seen the large font. I work on the computer all day and the last thing I want to do is keep my contacts in at the end of the day. So my old man eyes do not even do well enough for the large font setting. It is close, just not close enough.

I am a complete noob at Kodi, and absolutely do not know much about coding. ( have changed quite a bit in world of tanks addons. XVM) Which you have given me. I understand your code, sorta.
<!--Large--> Anytime I see this I will want to change the font within it as it is what I have selected in setting, right?
For a quick trial run, I just changed every instance of Reg26 to 40, even in things not labeled Large.
I am just doing basically a practice on my Kodi on my desktop, so will work out the kinks on it before I put it into my media box for tv.
I will gladly share it, just not sure if you will want it especially if I mess up the other things besides Large. I appreciate your help though and love Titan, just need to learn more about it.
Just make sure to only change the Definition itself in font.xml, do not touch the other xml files or you will be lost when the skin is updated.

So, there should be only one definition of reg26 to change...
When you say do not mess with anything besides the definition you mean just the font size? That is the only thing I changed. As I was not able to really figure out your code I just changed all the font sizes in Condensed section to 50. I doubt you would want to add this to Titan, as it really does not look good. In some instances, the font overlaps each other in certain "view lists" especially the extended.
Do you expect the font file to be updated? I will keep a copy of the file I changed on hand, but did not know when you update Titan if I will have to go in and replace it each time.
Thanks for your help and thanks for your work with Titan.
Yes, the font definition file gets updated from time to time. In fact there are some other users contributing to the code too.
In case the skin updates, you will have to manually place your version of font.xml again.

To avoid that you could send me your font definition and I will include it in the skin.

Offcourse after you've worked out the issues so that it looks good.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change font size0