won't list previous recordings
i had kodi set up with npvr and recorded a bunch of stuff. i had to do a windows reinstall. all the files of the recordings are still on the drive they were recorded too. i resetup npvr and kodi the same way i had them originally with the same folders set for recording to. now when i go to recordings in kodi, none of the old recordings are showing. i can find them as files in video, but the file names are insane. they were listed much better in the recordings section so i'd like to get them back there.
Do they show in nextpvr?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi and welcome to the Kodi forums!

Take a look at this, it might point you in the right direction.

NextPVR - Recording.

You might need to import your old recordings.

Good luck, I hope you get it figured out!

-MH
I sit beside the fire and think, of all that I have seen; of meadow flowers and butterflies, in summers that have been.
But all the while i sit and think, of times there were before, I listen for returning feet, and voices at the door.
The recording list is not derived from looking at a directory structure. Instead it uses the list of recordings in the database.

You can use the 'Import Recordings' feature to get them back in the database though. Maybe you still have a backup of the the original C:\Users\Public\NPVR\recording-backup.xml file? That'd be the easiest way to get them back in the database. Just hit the 'Import Recordings' button and point it at that xml file.

Alternatively you can manually construct an xml file using your current C:\Users\Public\NPVR\recording-backup.xml as an example, or you can use the utilty vidimport to make the xml for you. (I think on an NTFS drive, you can also manually import individual .ts files using the 'Import Recordings' button, and pointing at the .ts file)

the vidimport program did the trick. made an xml so i didn't have to import the .ts files one by one. thanks for the help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
won't list previous recordings0