M8 Android Box Kodi connection issues
About a month ago I switched internet plans to a higher speed and was given a new modem/router (it's a Hitron CGNM-2250 modem with built in wifi) and now all of a sudden we can't access any video add-ons in Kodi.

We've connected the box through both WiFi and Ethernet, and in the main settings part it says we're connected, but once we go in to Kodi and view the settings there, it says there is no connection. Occasionally we'll get the weather app in the corner working but we can't seem to be able to watch anything.

The box worked perfectly before we switched to the new modem, so we've been able to pinpoint the issue to the new modem. Has anyone had an issue like this or knows of a way to fix it? If it helps, I live in Calgary, Alberta and we go through Shaw as our internet provider.

Thanks in advance!
Another Cancuk! welcome to the forums.

Those M8's never had the best wifi speeds, and I doubt updating your bandwidth allotment would get you much more on the wifi
Quote:Occasionally we'll get the weather app in the corner working but we can't seem to be able to watch anything.
Pretty well establishes the connection and that you can get through. If you can, plug in directly with lan cable it's the way to go, (perhaps a router?) and that box has a port. But don't look forward to illicit add-ons, they'll make things a lot worse. I'll bet the wifi features in this new modem got laid off with the oil patch, changing positions or the antenna might help, direct line of sight is best and under 6 feet.
I've worked for a Canadian cable company a long time ago and you wouldn't believe how a router can make a difference but primarily it's the firmware. The routers built into cable/dsl/fiber are not the best. I always use a standard router like a dlink between the modem and the house network. Even a $30 one at Walmart is better than the supplied one. It is funny that it causes issues for both wireless and wired..... generally it's one or the other. Good luck.
Thank you both for replying! I had actually replied Sunday saying that I had (finally) fixed the issue, but something happened and apparently it didn't post!

Anyways, I resorted to restoring the box to it's factory settings, and -somehow- that worked. It's weird because we hadn't touched any settings on the box between using the old router to the new one.

So, not sure what exactly the issue was, but it's fixed so that's all that matters! Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M8 Android Box Kodi connection issues0