Amazon Fire tv storage issue.
Hello I'm new to kodi and have been given an Amazon Fire tv stick.
I am able to watch movies etc but every 10 minutes or so I get an error message up.

Which says that I'm critically low on storage space. It appears that the only app that I have installed is kodi and it seems to be takiing up about 4.6gb of my 5 gb of storage.

Does this sound right.

Thanks in advance.
Yes and welcome to the forum. If you have a relatively large library your Kodi will max out quick. Please take a look at the below thread and you should be able to resolve your problem. also, pay attention to stickied threads that answer most common issues like this one. The below link is also the first thread in the android section! Cheers!

Move Kodi Data to External Storage Fire TV
Delete your thumbnails.
(2016-08-24, 15:42)cd2022 Wrote: Delete your thumbnails.

But some people like the pretty pictures CoolCool
(2016-08-24, 15:23)JxPx Wrote: Move Kodi Data to External Storage Fire TV
No external storage on a fire tv stick.

I'd be surprised if it's all thumbnails - I have a fairly large library and my thumbnail folders still only about 750MB - and 550MB on the pi for the same library (lower res).
But if you are deleting thumbnails make sure you also delete the textures.db. That way you still get the pretty pictures.

Have you by any chance been fiddling with cache settings?
(2016-08-24, 16:01)trogggy Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 15:23)JxPx Wrote: Move Kodi Data to External Storage Fire TV
No external storage on a fire tv stick.

I'd be surprised if it's all thumbnails - I have a fairly large library and my thumbnail folders still only about 750MB - and 550MB on the pi for the same library (lower res).
But if you are deleting thumbnails make sure you also delete the textures.db.

Have you by any chance been fiddling with cache settings?

Did not catch the stick in OPs original post. Was assuming he had the box. That's what I get for trying to speed read.Confused
(2016-08-24, 15:44)JxPx Wrote:

They will re-populate, those in /Thumbnails are cached ones. One time I get back 1.5 G,
(2016-08-24, 16:09)cd2022 Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 15:44)JxPx Wrote:

They will re-populate, those in /Thumbnails are cached ones. One time I get back 1.5 G,
Not if you don't delete textures they won't, will they?
They will, textures13 is a database of add-on thumbnails if I remember correctly.
Thanks everyone I fixed it. I deleted the data file and then reinstalled a player. Works fine now.
(2016-08-24, 16:13)cd2022 Wrote: They will, textures13 is a database of add-on thumbnails if I remember correctly.
Just tried it, and I'm surprised it works at all tbh - I'm pretty sure it didn't used to.
You get a log chock-full of errors as the .db tries to find things, which can't make it more efficient.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire tv storage issue.0