NFS works when played from file list but not from library
Hi folks,

I have KODI running on a RPi 3. It uses an NFS share of FreeNAS.
I can add the share to the sources and KODI updates the library just fine.
Selecting a movie from the "main" window (the homescreen one) shows the player buttons for a second and they vanish. It cannot play the movie.
If I got to the recently added or the genre screens, it says the movie is no longer there, do I want to remove it.

If I go into Video > Files > Movies and select the movie I want (.mkv) it plays it just fine.

The nfs share is set to allow all networks. It does show up when I do a showmount -e from another rpi (non-KODI)

Why would it not play a movie from one angle and not the other?

thanks
C
Check the Kodi.log, it will hopefully tell you what's wrong.
What distro are you running Kodi on?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
thanks for the replies.

I did have a look through the log but could not see any errors which might explain this.

I've just had another look and, well, must have been sleeping last time... Pretty damming error "cannot open stream fns://10.10.50.149/blabla

My NAS had two addresses - I recently removed 149 address from the NAS and forgot Smile

I am using KODI with a central mySQL for the library and in te library it obliviously keeps the full path.

All fixed now - the secondary IP has been put back.

Thanks for the kick (back) in the right direction. Smile

C
fns should also read nfs ... but i guess you fatfingered this yourself instead of copy pasting the real url ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS works when played from file list but not from library0