SMB Offline Source causes library update to take forever
Question 
So this is an issue I've had for forever, and just kinda dealt with as an annoyance, so decided I'd ask on the forums. I did some forum searching and unfortunately haven't found an answer to my question (or I'm just not searching the correct thing)

I have a system with Kodibuntu installed on it with the following source setup
Code:
<source>
       <name>Network Movies</name>
       <path pathversion="1">smb://SEXYBEAST/My Videos/Movies/</path>
       <path pathversion="1">smb://BIGDADDY/FTP/Multimedia/Video/Movies/</path>
       <path pathversion="1">smb://BIGDADDY/FTP/Multimedia/Video/3D Movies/</path>
       <path pathversion="1">smb://DROBO-FS/Public/Movies/</path>
       <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
</source>
My Comptuer is BIGDADDY, the wifes is SEXYBEAST, and I have a NAS called DROBO-FS (yeah yeah yeah.... quit giggling at the names)

The problem is, that although my system and the NAS are always on, the wife turns hers off when she's not using it. She doesn't have a lot of media on hers, so that's not a big deal really.
This issue is though, that when Kodi scans it's sources to find new content, it takes forever to complete and it pretty much won't play anything until the scan finishes. Even when I tell it to stop scanning, it takes a bit to complete.
A lot of the time I'll just turn hers on just so that it can complete the scan, and then turn the computer back off when the scan is completed...... but that's a pain in the.... neck.
Videos > Files
Highlight the sexybeast source.
Context menu > change content > exclude path from library updates > ok.
Then if you want to scan that folder to update highlight it, context menu and 'scan for new content'.
Although this is certainly a work around, it's not an optimal solution. My wife isn't the most technical person in the world, and I'm sure this would only end up agitating her in the long run.
What I was hoping for, is that I may have missed a setting somewhere so that it would realize "Hey, I can't access the SEXYBEAST share in the paths list, so instead of going though the whole database of every file at that path, I'll just continue on with the others".
Went to do this and found that you can only do it at the source level, and not the path level as well, so unfortunately won't work

(2016-08-28, 23:22)trogggy Wrote: Videos > Files
Highlight the sexybeast source.
Context menu > change content > exclude path from library updates > ok.
Then if you want to scan that folder to update highlight it, context menu and 'scan for new content'.
I created a test Windows KODI system with the same source files and found it to have the same issue. Can I have a moderator please move this to the "OS independent" section please as it seems more relevant over there.
Sorry, didn't notice you have multiple paths in the same source.
You can remove the sexybeast path from the source and add as a separate source though - then it would work.
I have seen in this thread something in the advancedsettings section that may help:
Code:
<samba>
     <clienttimeout>30</clienttimeout>
</samba>
I'd guess the timeout value is in seconds, so you may insert this snippet and try a value of, say, 3.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SMB Offline Source causes library update to take forever0