Win Very slow Kodi help
Hey guys,

I Love sitting down at night with the misses and watching movies on Kodi simply the best invention since the VHR. I have had Kodi on my windows computer for some time now and don't get me wrong it is simply genius all the movies and TV shows in one place. I also brought a MXQ pro 4 k for sale at a good price but i gave that away to a family member. Just recently Kodi has slowed right down on my computer and it is at random points of the day. we could be watching a movie at night or TV shows in the morning and it will freeze or take forever to buffer. This has only started occurring recently, i googled and YouTubed my problems and still have not got a fix so i thought i might as well go straight to the source, The place of knowledge itself. I have already download maintenance tools cleared the cache this has made no difference and the internet connection is running really well so i know 100% it's not that. Also the computer specs are well above what you need to be running Kodi. The problem has only just started occurring maybe 2 weeks ago and as i said it's on and off, i have a feeling it is either a bad download or i am missing an addon that would make my life so much easier?? but i'm not sure it literally could be anything to me.

Or should i just buy another box??

Any help for you guys getting me out of this slightly stressful mess would be greatly appreciated

An example image below to brighten the page a little

[bad link to imgur] PatK

Thanks
What is the source that you are using? Are the movies and series on a Hard Drive or a NAS? Or you streaming the content? Please be aware that if you are streaming the content via one addons like Genius, Exodus or something like that, you won't receive any support here. The Kodi team does not support these kind of addons as they are making content available that you normally have to pay for.
If you are encountering issues with watching your own content, please provide a debug log, so we can take a better look.
Quote:I have already download maintenance tools cleared the cache
One wonders what these tools are, and if you've had a look at Official:Forum rules (wiki)
The tools i found from YouTube not realizing that the Kodi site wouldn't know what i am talking about. I assumed that these tools/addons where created by Kodi... Obviously not.

Either way the freezing occurs when i am watching my own hard drive content using Kodi the computer gets rather warm as well when using Kodi maybe there is something in common between the freezing and the computer getting warm?

Let me delete the Kodi from my computer re download it and see if this fixes the problem. i am worried about these addons and how they might not be helping at all
Also if it is overheating, give it a blast out with compressed air (do this outside if you don't want the wrath of SWMBO).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That's not a bad idea.. maybe it needs taking apart and doing properly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very slow Kodi help0