remote wake up server always starts with Kodi?
Hi.
I have kodi installed on a Nvidia Shield. I try to wake up my Server (Windows 10) via the inbuild "Try to wake remote servers on access" option which works basically. BUT it always starts the server when starting kodi?

I only want the server to start when accessing the movies/tvshows via library. I use the confluence skin and have disabled automatic library scan and preview pictures of new movies.... (of which I think could wake up the server)

What could be the problem?
Check or post the log_file (wiki) - it should give a clue what is beeing accessed
http://pastebin.com/pc24E5Ae
This is where it kicks in ;
Code:
12:55:42 T:1415047472   DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateVideos() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update
12:55:42 T:1415047472   DEBUG: int CVideoDatabase::RunQuery(const string&) took 1 ms for 0 items query: select * from movie_view  ORDER BY dateAdded desc, idMovie desc LIMIT 10
12:55:42 T:1415047472   DEBUG: int CVideoDatabase::RunQuery(const string&) took 54 ms for 10 items query: select * from episode_view  ORDER BY dateAdded desc, idEpisode desc LIMIT 10
12:55:42 T:1469049136   DEBUG: virtual bool CThumbExtractor::DoWork() - trying to extract filestream details from video file smb://MEDIEN-SERVER/Serien/Spartacus/Specials/Spartacus - S00E04 - Hinter der Maske.mkv
12:55:42 T:1469049136  NOTICE: WakeOnAccess [MEDIEN-SERVER] trigged by accessing : smb://MEDIEN-SERVER/Serien/Spartacus/Specials/Spartacus - S00E04 - Hinter der Maske.mkv
12:55:42 T:1415047472   DEBUG: int CVideoDatabase::RunQuery(const string&) took 0 ms for 0 items query: select * from musicvideo_view  ORDER BY dateAdded desc, idMVideo desc LIMIT 10
12:55:42 T:1415047472   DEBUG: CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateTotal() - Running RecentlyAdded home screen update

It appears to be initiated by some background maintenance of the video database. I dont know very much about this but it could seem like there is missing metadata for some of your recently added TV-shows and that the job to create this metadata is rescheduled to run at restart. I dont know if anything can be done to change this unfortunately
I freshly installed kodi on my shield.
I changed my library source to see what happens. Everytime I start kodi another movie wakes up my server. So it has nothing to do with a specific file. One time it doesnt start automatically. It did what it should.

Very strange. Other things work without problems. I get the same error with spmc and with kodi 17.0 b2
This must be a bug.

I have tried kodi and SPMC on my FireTV and there is the same behaviour. I then tried MrMC (a fork of Kodi without addons) and there it works!
I would like to open a new bug ticket but I dont know how to register.
That would be trac (wiki) I believe, here ; http://trac.kodi.tv/
I know where I have to report the bug, but I dont know HOW Wink
You have to be logged in to open a new ticket, but I cant find a way to register on this site.
Use your forum username and password.
Thats it Big Grin
I thought I already tried this Huh

I reported the bug http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16931 Nod
I looked over your log again and see that the thread that does the wakeup starts with some 'ZeroConf' messages (line 446/448) .. can you try to disable that and see if the issue is linked to it
How can I disable the ZeroConf messages?
Settings->Services->Zeroconf .. then disable

I tried it on a test-installation (16.1) and I had to also disable Airplay else I was not allowed to disable Zeroconf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remote wake up server always starts with Kodi?0