Nvidia Shield and KODI blotchy dark spots on some dark scenes?
Just signed up, hopefully I can find out what causes the issue I have and what can be done to fix it. I own the Sony 940D, have the 500gb Nvidia Shield and I use that to run KODI, I am currently running Jarvis. The past few evenings, I have noticed in some scenes where it is dark, there are dark,blotchy patches in the scene, do not know how else to describe it. I have noticed this when watching Marco Polo. Dark blotchy patches where the scene is dark instead of a solib black. Any idea what might cause this, and how would I fix this? Thanks for the help. John
Same with their internal video player?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-09-09, 01:42)jmy02469 Wrote: Just signed up, hopefully I can find out what causes the issue I have and what can be done to fix it. I own the Sony 940D, have the 500gb Nvidia Shield and I use that to run KODI, I am currently running Jarvis. The past few evenings, I have noticed in some scenes where it is dark, there are dark,blotchy patches in the scene, do not know how else to describe it. I have noticed this when watching Marco Polo. Dark blotchy patches where the scene is dark instead of a solib black. Any idea what might cause this, and how would I fix this? Thanks for the help. John

Marco Polo? The Netflix exclusive show? So you're watching this in Netflix on the Shield?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
It is also released on bluray and DVD: https://www.amazon.com/Marco-Polo-Season...B016S5ZENS
(2016-09-09, 09:23)Ned Scott Wrote: It is also released on bluray and DVD: https://www.amazon.com/Marco-Polo-Season...B016S5ZENS

Ah OK sounds like he might have ripped his disc on low bitrate / high compression perhaps?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
On one of the other forums I belong to, this was not a KODI issue,but a Nvidia Shield issue. It was the settings for my color space, I had it set to full, had to change it to limited and it fixed this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield and KODI blotchy dark spots on some dark scenes?0