NFS: Nvidia Shield TV > Linux box. Need help!
Hi!

Can see the host and the exported root folder in Kodi, but cannot list the folders within the export, or any files. Adding the UID and GID for the Shield in exports doesn't help. It's a ext4 disk I'm trying to share.
Seen that: http://kodi.wiki/view/NFS already?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks! Yes I have.

It's a Veracrypt disk if that matters.
provide a Debug Log from the shield that shows you trying to access the share.
There's is no NFS-error in the log. There was when I used the anonuid and anongid of the Shield TV, but I understood just now that I have to use the uid and gid of the host instead(?).

With the uid and gid of the host in the export I can access the shared folder, but it's empty. When I used the uid/gid of the Shield I couldn't access the folder.
It is when browsing for share the above applies. I cannot add the share with the Shield id, but I can with the host id. Still empty folder when I have added it.

sudo chmod a+r didn't help.
Might be because I have to mount it elsewhere and use the --bind, but since it's not mounted at boot that would be a hassle.
In any case - not a kodi issue as you found out correctly.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
True! Will stick with Mediatomb which is working great.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS: Nvidia Shield TV > Linux box. Need help!0