Alternate Remote Setup Ideas
Since you boot directly into Kodi I would definately recommend the hdmi CEC adapter, then you just ad it as a peripheral in kodis settings menu and then it will be able to understand the commands send from your remote to the tv and transmitted to Kodi.

right now the problem is that without EventGhost windows doesn't understand the IR commands that your remote sends, so it doesn't know what to do with it.
the mce remote is different in this case, because the eHome driver that goes with that remote, does know the IR commands and is able to tell windows what to do with it.
Hmm... I don't really see the advantage of spending $50CAD and having an extra piece of hardware to save on having EventGhost run at startup.

I was mainly looking for something that could be done with what I already have.

Being a Sony TV, Sony remote and Sony soundbar, most of that's sync'd and when I have my remote switched to use with KODI, the volume still controls the soundbar not the KODI volume.

Works fine... just thought there was a way to use an addon/plugin for KODI instead of the EventGhost.
System 1: HK1 RBox - Android 11, S905X4 Quad-Core, 4GB DDR3 - CoreElec KODI 20.3
System 2: Beelink GT1 Ultimate - Android 7.1, S912 Octa-Core 1.5 GHz, 3GB DDR4 - CoreElec KODI 18
Storage: WD MyCloud EX2 Ultra NAS - 2x4TB WD Blue (WD40EZRZ)
Display: 55" TCL 55R615-CA 4K TV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alternate Remote Setup Ideas0