Open Video Info Dialog for a specific movie via an onclick
I can't comment on what you are writing about a playlist offset, but if you want to look at my experimental implementation of the workaround, it's just released in my latest KODI 17 skin version:

3.0.63 (2016-09-28)
- Added new skin option: "Hide some fullscreen VideoOSD buttons for simplicity (rewind/fforward)"
- Added new experimental skin option: "Show INFO-button in VideoOSD (opens the info dialog for movies/episodes)"
[...]

I have a similar approach for visibility condition in VideoOSD.xml while using (besides other code):
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(ExperimentalVideoOsdInfoButton) +    [ VideoPlayer.Content(Movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(Episodes) ]    + !String.IsEqual(Playlist.Length(video),0) + VideoPlayer.HasInfo + !Player.IsInternetStream + !Pvr.IsPlayingRecording</visible>

Additionally i have error control. If playlist item path and filename don't match the path and filename of what is playing, the workaround will be automatically canceled cleanly and switched back to fullscreen video. Better then leaving the user on the playlist wondering what went wrong.

Just for inspiration, my MyPlaylist.xml includes (besides other code):
Code:
    <onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ExperimentalVideoOsdInfoButton) +    !String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(OSDinfodialogButtonActive)) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Player.FilenameAndPath)">Action(info)</onload>

<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ExperimentalVideoOsdInfoButton) +    !String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(OSDinfodialogButtonActive)) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Player.FilenameAndPath)">Dialog.Close(all,true)</onload>
    <onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ExperimentalVideoOsdInfoButton) +    !String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(OSDinfodialogButtonActive)) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Player.FilenameAndPath)">fullscreen</onload>
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2016-09-28, 17:19)axbmcuser Wrote: I can't comment on what you are writing about a playlist offset, but if you want to look at my experimental implementation of the workaround, it's just released in my latest KODI 17 skin version:

3.0.63 (2016-09-28)
- Added new skin option: "Hide some fullscreen VideoOSD buttons for simplicity (rewind/fforward)"
- Added new experimental skin option: "Show INFO-button in VideoOSD (opens the info dialog for movies/episodes)"
[...]

I have a similar approach for visibility condition in VideoOSD.xml while using (besides other code):
Code:
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(ExperimentalVideoOsdInfoButton) +    [ VideoPlayer.Content(Movies) | VideoPlayer.Content(Episodes) ]    + !String.IsEqual(Playlist.Length(video),0) + VideoPlayer.HasInfo + !Player.IsInternetStream + !Pvr.IsPlayingRecording</visible>

Additionally i have error control. If playlist item path and filename don't match the path and filename of what is playing, the workaround will be automatically canceled cleanly and switched back to fullscreen video. Better then leaving the user on the playlist wondering what went wrong.

Just for inspiration, my MyPlaylist.xml includes (besides other code):
Code:
    <onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ExperimentalVideoOsdInfoButton) +    !String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(OSDinfodialogButtonActive)) + String.IsEqual(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Player.FilenameAndPath)">Action(info)</onload>

<onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ExperimentalVideoOsdInfoButton) +    !String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(OSDinfodialogButtonActive)) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Player.FilenameAndPath)">Dialog.Close(all,true)</onload>
    <onload condition="Skin.HasSetting(ExperimentalVideoOsdInfoButton) +    !String.IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(OSDinfodialogButtonActive)) + !String.IsEqual(ListItem.FilenameAndPath,Player.FilenameAndPath)">fullscreen</onload>
Hey,

Seems to work for the wrong entry in the ListWink

Thanks for inspiration.

Regards
Happy to report that
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10567
is now merged. I think i'll include some optional support for using the now available DBID with skin helper service, if installed.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Open Video Info Dialog for a specific movie via an onclick1