XBMC and SageTV help bring them together
As XBMC is making great strides toward Linux and Windows, this could be helpful to anyone who wants to use XBMC and record and watch TV. SageTV runs on both Linux and Windows.

I have no programming experience since basic on my Commodore 64 way back when, but I want to update the SageTV script so it is more functional and visually better.

Currently the script connects to the sagetv webserver plugin. I am pretty sure it scrapes the html page, but now the webserver provides rss feeds and xml files of the needed content. I'd like to update the script to use either the rss feed or xml files to retrieve the content as this seems to be a more efficient and accurate way to retrieve the info.

For visual appeal I would like the script to use the current XBMC skinning engine, so it will blend in with whatever theme a user is running.

I have no real idea where to start other than scanning thru the stickies trying to make sense of things. I need a real dummys guide to python for XBMC and how to apply it to my desires listed above. Also anyone that has time to help, would be very much appreciated.
As it happens, theres' a new SageTV datasource and saveprogramme module to be included in the (as yet unreleased) v1.18 of myTV
Retired from Add-on dev
Oh realllly? Do tell...Do you need any testers for the Sage portion? Is it as functional as the SageTV script when it comes to marking shows watched/not watched;like/don't like;archive/unarchive;delete and managing favorites?
The datasource pulls info for the epg from the sagetv server.

the saveprogramme module (two versions)
1) pulls scheduled recordings so they can be indicated in the epg
2) set new recording schedule
3) cancel existing recording schedule

Its admitidly not as feature rich as it could be, but that was never the intention.

I've a sagetv user who's helped me enormously with remote access to his setup, but if you'd like to try it before release, PM me your mail.
Retired from Add-on dev

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC and SageTV help bring them together0