??PVR Lost Connection Question Moved to Garbabe/Rule Violation?
Thumbs Down 
I posted a question regarding installation of Kodi PVR on my Amazon Fire, but the question was moved to Garbage/Rule Violation. My question had to do with a repeated "connection lost" error message. I'd like to know why the message was moved to the "Garbage/Rule Violation" section? PVRs are built into the Kodi system and I have a question about getting them to work.Confused I read the wiki, but I still can't get it to work. What good is this forum if you can't ask questions about applications that are built into Kodi?
It was binned because you mentioned a banned_add-on (wiki).

To answer your original question. To use PVR in Kodi, you need a machine (either the same one with Kodi on it, or another machine on your own local network) running a PVR back-end. This is the bit that physically connects to a satellite dish, or an aerial/antenna (or if IPTV, to your channel package provider's internet streams). The wiki does explain all this.

Add-ons that enable people to watch TV without paying the relevant subscription and/or licence fee are illegal in most countries and are certainly not supported here.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Right. I'm using Kodi on Amazon Fire box.And I read the wiki, but I'm pretty much computer dumb so maybe I just don't get it. If Kodi is on Amazon Fire and the PVR add-on is on Kodi, are you telling me that I need to upload another program on to Amazon Fire to get the PVR to work? I thought you didn't need it if you are using Kodi on the Fire box because it was already programmed into Kodi. No?
Just as a follow-up, my preference is to use IPTV Simple Client
@carrielawyer I binned your previous post because you installed software that we deem unacceptable as it is for piracy. we do not support piracy here. If you do not provide your own live tv back end (again read pvr (wiki)) we cannot support your efforts to get all the free tv streams. You can use IPTV simple client as long as you can provide a playlist with your own media sources. If you do not have one perhaps you can setup a pvr (wiki) back-end that will allow you to use local terrestrial free to air channels. If you would like to see what channels are available in your area check out antennaweb.org or tvfool.com for a report. once you do that invest in an hdhomerun extend or connect and an antenna end enjoy your free to air tv. please, again read the forum rules (wiki) more thoroughly. you accepted them when registering here. in short, if something in kodi promises content that you would normally have to pay to a cable-co to view it is not supported or condoned here on these forums. you want help with the fusion garbage seek support where you got it in the first place.
(2016-09-15, 15:34)carrielawyer Wrote: Right. I'm using Kodi on Amazon Fire box.And I read the wiki, but I'm pretty much computer dumb so maybe I just don't get it. If Kodi is on Amazon Fire and the PVR add-on is on Kodi, are you telling me that I need to upload another program on to Amazon Fire to get the PVR to work? I thought you didn't need it if you are using Kodi on the Fire box because it was already programmed into Kodi. No?

No.

PVR add-ons require an extra program and hardware to work. The hardware is a TV tuner or satellite tuner and the program is the bit that decodes the satellite or terrestrial signal and sends it to Kodi, which plays it.

I have no experience of IPTV Simple Client other than to know it was originally written to demonstrate PVR capabilities in Kodi. You should note that Kodi is not about obtaining content for free that you would otherwise have to pay for (subscription based TV for example) and that no help can be offered on here regarding obtaining such content. We can help however if the streams you are trying to watch via the simple client are free-to-view channels and are legally available to be viewed via the internet.

[edit]

Or what bry- said !!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
OK.. Look, maybe Kodi shouldn't exist if you guys suspect that everyone using it is doing something illegal. I have absolutely NO PROBLEM paying for service. I have DISH TV, as a matter of fact. And I have an OTA antenna. I'm just trying to figure out what this is and why it is so great to have. I purchased the Amazon Fire because I also have PRIME and people told me to install this. Obviously, I have no idea how KODI or the PVR system works because I'm asking such dumb questions about it. So, don't start accusing people of doing things without proof. You probably wouldn't want to wind up getting in trouble for that..
first - take it easy. second - amazon firetv stinks for live tv viewing. third- get an hdhomerun extend, plug your OTA tv into the extend and the load up the hdhomerun kodi add-on from the kodi repo. done. no need to fuss with guide data.

edit - oh and FUSION is what flagged the post as it is associated with contaminating kodi installs and providing nothing but illegal content.
(2016-09-15, 16:32)carrielawyer Wrote: So, don't start accusing people of doing things without proof. You probably wouldn't want to wind up getting in trouble for that..
If someone writes that they're doing something and on that basis you assume they're doing something it's hard to see how you're going to 'wind up getting in trouble' over it. Huh
(2016-09-15, 16:32)carrielawyer Wrote: OK.. Look, maybe Kodi shouldn't exist if you guys suspect that everyone using it is doing something illegal.

That's like saying the internet shouldn't exist because there are people stealing bank account details!

(2016-09-15, 16:32)carrielawyer Wrote: I'm just trying to figure out what this is and why it is so great to have. I purchased the Amazon Fire because I also have PRIME and people told me to install this.

It's great if you have movies/TV shows or music that you legally own, maybe you should ask those people who told you to install Kodi how it could benefit you? but if they told you, you can get free movies/sport via installing addons (which although illegal it's technically possible because this is an opensource program) then you wont find any support here.

Having said that, if your not interested in pirated content... then cool, ask away and i'm sure you will get lots of help,...... although you may have to get off that high horse of yours first ;-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
??PVR Lost Connection Question Moved to Garbabe/Rule Violation?0