v17 Duplication of recording icon on guide
OK, here we go: new log

That's about as clean as I can get it I think. I installed the test version of Kodi and renamed my userdata folder so this should run like a clean install. I've also nuked my DVBLink db (hopefully reversible!) so I have no recordings or timers. I ran the new Kodi, set up the DVBLink addon then set a single 1-shot timer for Gogglebox tonight at 21:00. Enabled debug logging then quit/relaunched.

Upon launching Kodi, I entered the EPG, scrolled to the right and see just one timer for Gogglebox. I cleared the Live TV data (exactly 14:34 in the log),allow that process to complete and then re-enter the guide, every other channel that has a programme starting at 21:00 now has the timer icon, hopefully the log has captured when that's happening.
@beewax many thanks, although streamlined very well, unfortunately no clear result from the new log. Will provide a version with some more logging this evening.
Here we go with another test build, with some more logging that hopefully helps us to find the problem: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...timers.exe
@ksooo,

With new test build: here's my log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5hzelotjdpoyjhl/kodi.log?dl=0 (sorry log to big for pastebin)

Here's what i did:

1:Started Kodi and allowed recordings/EPG to load
2. navigate to EPG no Ghost timings
3. Navigated to settings & cleared database to force update
4. navigated to EPG Navigated to Saturday @10:25pm (real timer is BBC1 "Match of the day") other Ghost timers are presented at the same time on other channels.

Hope this helps?
@ksooo,

Thanks for the new build, if AshG's log hasn't already helped, I'll try again some time tomorrow. My DVBLink/Kodi setup is a live system and has completely replaced any Sky/Tivo boxes in the house so I have to be careful when taking it offline.
@AshG, @beeswax I think I found the problem for dvblink. Could you guys test with this build => http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...timers.exe

If i'm not wrong the bug actually is in the dvblink pvr client addon (submitted https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink/issues/57 for this), but i could workaround in pvr core.

@maxtherabbit could you also use the build above to provide a new log (with as less timers involved as possible, please)? I guess the problem will not yet be solved for you, because for dvbviewer the cause seems to be different.
Thanks ksooo, getting a 404 on that link for the new build but maybe there's some replication involved with the mirrors.kodi.tv site? Will try again in the morning. Your continued dedication to Kodi improvements, even when the fault seemingly lies elsewhere continues to be an inspiration. I tip my hat to you sir.
@ksooo,I've just tested with your new build, with the short testing i've just carried out, i cant replicate the issue! looks like you've found the problem.... i'll download the test build on my HTPC and test throughout today, but i'm pretty confident this is sorted...

So do we need to get DVBLogic to fix this in their Master branch? or have you fixed it on their behalf? I've already raised a support ticket and a posted on their forum to highlight that there may be an issue with their addon and got zero response, but if this is something they need to do at least i can send them some hard evidence that the issue is their side rather than Kodi (their usual stance appears to always blame someone else!)

I would also like to echo what Beeswax said, the PVR improvements that you have implemented over the last couple of years has resulted in a very stable platform and i'd like to thank you for that.

Ash
Dvblogic should fix their add-on, as the bug can cause several strange behavior in Kodi. I opened an issue on github, pointing them to the exact lines of code that need to be fixed.

However, for the ghost timer issue I will do a workaround in Kodi itself as this will make the code more failsafe.

Again, we can fix the particular ghost timer issue without an add-on fix, but the right thing to do is to fix the add-on as the bug may cause even today or later very strange issues.

@maxtherabbit if I'm right with my assumption what goes wrong for dvbviewer we we'll definitely need an add-on fix as there will be no workaround in Kodi itself be possible.
Understood, i'll do my best to bring it to their attention...
Confirmed fixed here too, great work ksooo, I will also continue to pester dvblogic on their forum until they fix this properly. Out of curiosity, did dvblogic introduce this error with the Krypton version of their addon? Just trying to understand why the issue didn't present itself in Jarvis.
(2016-10-01, 11:37)beeswax Wrote: Confirmed fixed here too, great work ksooo, I will also continue to pester dvblogic on their forum until they fix this properly. Out of curiosity, did dvblogic introduce this error with the Krypton version of their addon? Just trying to understand why the issue didn't present itself in Jarvis.

No, they didn't. It was "always" buggy like that. But for Krypton I (for the first time) introduced pvr code that actually relies on proper addon-side implementation of epg event uids. This was not by intention, to break something ofc, I was just programming against an API contract. And my favorite pvr addon, pvr.hts, did it right. So I did not stumble over the problem until guys like you, using other addons, stepped up. ;-)
(2016-10-01, 02:21)ksooo Wrote: @AshG, @beeswax I think I found the problem for dvblink. Could you guys test with this build => http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/win32...timers.exe

If i'm not wrong the bug actually is in the dvblink pvr client addon (submitted https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.dvblink/issues/57 for this), but i could workaround in pvr core.

@maxtherabbit could you also use the build above to provide a new log (with as less timers involved as possible, please)? I guess the problem will not yet be solved for you, because for dvbviewer the cause seems to be different.

I installed this build on top of the previous test build... and it works! Did the same things as usual, cleared the PVR database on Kodi's side and flipped through all of the channels. I opened the guide and everything was fine. Did the same thing again and didn't get any ghost timers.

I'm glad I didn't have to rename my DVBViewer data folders because those timer and recording databases get corrupted pretty easily.

So thank you for your help ksooo.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
@maxtherabbit glad that it works now, although I'm a little surprised it does. As I said I had an idea what could be wrong with dvbviwer add-on, but obviously I was wrong.

It would be great if you could post a link to a log for the working build. I should be able to see there why it now works. I'm curious and always like to understand what's going on. Thanks.
I cleared now all the timer and recording details from DVBViewer and added only 1 timer for 1.10.2016 at 20:00 on channel 10 (FOX).

I installed again the build from 29th and created a log file for that.

Also made a log file with the build from the 1st of October.

I didn't go through all of the channels this time (about 7 channels).

As in previous test the old build created ghost timers at 20:00 on other channels and the new build didn't.

Logs are here:
Old with ghosts
New and working
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplication of recording icon on guide1