Sky q 4k
Hi,

Wasn't sure where to post this question but here seemed right place.

I had sky q installed today. I decided to checkout the Martian 4k from sky. I noticed the movie was only 18gb. This got me wondering how the movie is stored/compressed. When I ripped my bluray (1080p) without compression it was about 40gb. Considering the 4k is 4 times the size raw it got me wondering just how good the 4k from sky would actually be.

Any feedback would be cool.
What is this to do with kodi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thread moved to off topic
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
New compression is HEVC; https://www.cnet.com/news/what-is-hevc-h...explained/
Kodi Mediaplayer; Sony KD-55A89 4K Android TV
(2016-09-24, 22:16)nickr Wrote: What is this to do with kodi?

Nothing to do with kodi so much. For Some reason I could not post in off topic so hardware was next choice.

As kodi forums is a place i respect people's knowledge on av topics I wanted to hear what people thought about it.

@Daren thanks for moving. Could you check for me why I cannot create new threads in off topic.

Thanks
Normal users can't make threads in this section by design. However threads moved here can still be posted to.

This is after all a Kodi board not a general purpose one, although we do tolerate some topics that may be of interest to our membership.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sky q 4k0