v17 Video Stuttering Isues.
I'm a long time MediaPortal user, just migrated to Kodi.

In a nutshell, I'm having severe video Stuttering issues playing MKVs (1080p, x264) in Kodi's internal/default video player.

I had none of these issues in MediaPortal with the exact same hardware/software.

Brief overview:
Intel i7-6800k (Broadwell-E) @ 4Ghz
Nvidia GTX 1080 (Asus Rog Strix)
16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz

Windows 10 Pro x64
Windows 10 Anniversary update.
Kodi v17 Nightly build.

My HTPC is connected to Yamaha RX-A2000 Reciever via HDMI (No Video Processing).
This is connected to Epson 5010 Project projector via HDMI. Same setup as with MediaPortal.

My projector does not support 24Hz refresh rate, only 60Hz. So I understand that 24hz videos, which is most of the MKVs, are playing at 60hz. This however was not a problem with MediaPortal. Video playback was smooth.

I don't have "Adjust refresh rate" or "Sync playback to display" enabled.

DVXA2 enabled or disabled didn't make a difference.

Not sure. Looking for advice.

Thanks. [/align]
While playing a suspect video, hit the keyboard 'o' to bring the OSD looking for bottle necks cpu or gpu. A proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and the URL linked back to this thread is the best way to impart the hardware, software and in general what's going on. Log file/Advanced (wiki)
Please file this thread under lost, ignorant & stupidity.

Although (I thought) I had done a fair bit of investigation before I posted; after a bit more digging, I found this was not related to Kodi or MediaPortal.

The one thing that changed since MediaPortal was that I migrated from Intel HD3000 to GTX 1080.

Apparently, despite installing the latest nvidia drivers just a week ago, somehow I wasn't at the latest drivers.

My HTPC resolution was set at 60hz. I didn't have an option to set it to 24hz.

I also found out, my Epson 5010 DOES INDEED display at 24hz refresh rate! Always has. My post above is incorrect.

So I updated my nvidia drivers & suddenly I had the 24hz option under refresh rate in my HTPC.

All my videos are working butter smooth now. No stuttering. No issues. Everything perfect.

Thanks.
Gads you had me scared, I like butter, the smoother the better.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Stuttering Isues.0