i7-6700K can not do high bitrate 2160p60 UHD HEVC?
Idct :-) if that was the only issue. It's no issue at all.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Checked it again with all background apps closed and also checked the Samsung video this time.

For the Sony video it was now:

Code:
[null @ 0xa92bc0] Encoder did not produce proper pts, making some up.
frame= 7620 fps= 54 q=-0.0 Lsize=N/A time=00:02:07.14 bitrate=N/A    
video:714kB audio:23844kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown

So, a bit better this time.

For the Samsung video it was:

Code:
[null @ 0x1144460] Encoder did not produce proper pts, making some up.
frame=11678 fps= 81 q=-0.0 Lsize=N/A time=00:03:14.82 bitrate=N/A    
video:1095kB audio:0kB subtitle:0kB other streams:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead: unknown

Regardless of what these numbers say though, it certainly does not look like 54 fps when playing back the Sony video with KODI with VAAPI disabled... It stutters quite a lot...

And the Samsung video still stutters slightly, even though the benchmark says 81 fps...
(2016-10-08, 18:30)fritsch Wrote: Idct :-) if that was the only issue. It's no issue at all.

+25% :-) big gain for just one tweak - more to come maybe?

Looking again I think I was wrong about AVX2 users not gaining from this. The fact there are hevc*asm files in libavcodec/x86 made me think they must be doing something for someone, but in the case of hevc_idct.asm it seems it doesn't do a lot.

Edit: snip old link.

Add this patch and it does a lot more.

Edit : commit is in now, so new link to show the diff =

https://git.libav.org/?p=libav.git;a=com...39b046dc78

Maybe the sao, mc, deblock, res_add could be improved also. In addition h264 has intra_pred so maybe hevc could gain that (or maybe hevc intra pred is harder to simd than avc)
(2016-10-08, 19:53)qp9013625 Wrote: Regardless of what these numbers say though, it certainly does not look like 54 fps when playing back the Sony video with KODI with VAAPI disabled... It stutters quite a lot...

And the Samsung video still stutters slightly, even though the benchmark says 81 fps...

The trouble being not fast enough decoding with h264/hevc is that frames depend on other frames so it's hard to just skip decoding one now and again to keep sound sync.

I guess for the 81 fps one that maybe average rate is not enough to judge if you are fast enough - or it could be something else.

I know if I play something I am too slow to play using a player that doesn't drop any frames it's not at all smooth.
Some frames take more/longer to decode than others and if you are playing at 60fps some may take longer than 1/60 even if the average looks good.

Edit: Also there is the overhead of getting 60 2160p frames/sec over to the gpu which then has to convert to rgb and display in this case close to refresh rate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
i7-6700K can not do high bitrate 2160p60 UHD HEVC?0