Android Videos stop automaticly every 20m on Mibox
Hi friends,

Sorry to bother you that I had a quetion about video playing on my Mibox 3 pro.

Mibox is a chinese internet box based on android 5.1, kodi worked very well on my last box, but now when i watch videos with kodi (online and local), it stops and reterns to the video list automaticly, I've tried to turn off screensavers of Mibox and kodi, but there is always this problem on Kodi 16 even on Kodi 17 beta.

I researched on mibox chinese forum but there was anyone who has the same problem.

So i'd really like to know how can I solve this problem.

If someone has a solution for me, i'll appreciate a lot.

Thanks
If the stop is exactly at the same time (some sort of timer at work) might look into Android screen blanker or some auto software popping up. But if the time is only approximate, I would look at over heating to be the issue. Try playing a local file from a USB key to eliminate network issues.
(2016-10-08, 21:48)PatK Wrote: If the stop is exactly at the same time (some sort of timer at work) might look into Android screen blanker or some auto software popping up. But if the time is only approximate, I would look at over heating to be the issue. Try playing a local file from a USB key to eliminate network issues.

Thanks for your reply

The stop is approximate, sometimes 5 mn sometimes 30mn, cause of that i didn't understand the reason.

And it happens also with my hard disk, just when i watch the video.

But other apps of the box work normally with no problem.
(2016-10-08, 21:48)PatK Wrote: If the stop is exactly at the same time (some sort of timer at work) might look into Android screen blanker or some auto software popping up. But if the time is only approximate, I would look at over heating to be the issue. Try playing a local file from a USB key to eliminate network issues.

If it was the problem of video cache?

I saw this http://androidpcreview.com/fix-kodi-buff...ache/2611/
This is a little more comprehensive HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki) but I suspect your issue is going to be heat, depending on how intensive the processor has to work and that's why the variable time period to fail.
(2016-10-09, 02:09)PatK Wrote: This is a little more comprehensive HOW-TO:Modify the video cache (wiki)

Yes i added a file advancedsettings.xml but it doesn't work neither.

-<advancedsettings>
-<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>104857600</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>20</readbufferfactor>
</network>
</advancedsettings>
That little hyphen '-' isn't doing that script any good, but I doubt the setting would matter as I explained, it's not a a cache issue , but acting like something overheated or over taxed. A proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked back to this message would go a long way.

-<advancedsettings>
-<network>
Hi, I got the same problem. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem.

Thank you.

Regards,
Phoenix

(2016-10-08, 21:38)savinggrace Wrote: Hi friends,

Sorry to bother you that I had a quetion about video playing on my Mibox 3 pro.

Mibox is a chinese internet box based on android 5.1, kodi worked very well on my last box, but now when i watch videos with kodi (online and local), it stops and reterns to the video list automaticly, I've tried to turn off screensavers of Mibox and kodi, but there is always this problem on Kodi 16 even on Kodi 17 beta.

I researched on mibox chinese forum but there was anyone who has the same problem.

So i'd really like to know how can I solve this problem.

If someone has a solution for me, i'll appreciate a lot.

Thanks
Is it rooted?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos stop automaticly every 20m on Mibox0