v17 Using image resource icons in containers
I guess there is no way to use an image resource as a source of icon images to display in a container, for example, movie genre icons in a panel container? That seems to limit the usefulness of the resource concept. Unless there is some way to do this that I can't figure out I hope devs consider working on this feature in the future. Also my assumption is that if the image resource has compiled images in a texture.xbt file there is no way to access the images except using Kodi resource handler?

scott s.
it works in some way, you can find an example in estuary, go to "studios" node and download the icon pack via sidebar if not yet downloaded.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
OK took a look but it's hard-coded in the xml to "resource://resource.images.studios.white/,.png" so user can't select his/her own studio icons (eg, colored). Maybe not so big a deal for studios, but there are a number of icon packs for genres and I would really want the user to select. I suppose I could create a "dummy" image resource add-on per type and write an add-on to move the textures from a downloaded resource into the "dummy" one (so I could hard-code the dummy into the container) but I imagine moving files between add-ons via another add-on is probably considered "illegal". Don't know off-hand how to handle the case of the images are jpg versus png format though.

scott s.
The problem here is that skin strings are not available inside containers.
Yes, that would be the ideal solution, or allow window properties to be referenced. I found an old thread claiming it was intentional to prevent performance problems.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using image resource icons in containers0