Linuxium - the answer to HDMI audio problems for Bay Trail & Cherry Trail SOCs?
I have not tried this but just saw it today and thought it might be an answer for some of those trying to run Ubuntu but having issues with HDMI audio:

Quote:Short Bytes: Developer Linuxium has released different Ubuntu builds for small Intel-based PCs that are based on Bay Trail and Cherry Trail SOCs. Thanks to kernel patches, the users won’t face problems in HDMI audio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc. while using Linux operating systems on such device.

The complete article is here: Linuxium Releases Ubuntu Builds For Small PCs Powered By Intel

If anyone that has been having audio problems tries this, I'd be curious to know if it makes any difference with Kodi. I'd be especially interested to know if it makes any difference for recent models of the MSI Cubi.

In addition to the above-mentioned article there's also a blog post here by the developer. I have no relation whatsoever to this project, so all I know is what's shown on those sites. If you try it you do so at your own risk - I'm not to blame if it makes things worse for you!
Proper support is addend into kernel-next (4.10) where is no needed patch - hack to get HDMI
is fully supported now, i will release test build of LE Wink
when? :-P
Any news on this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linuxium - the answer to HDMI audio problems for Bay Trail & Cherry Trail SOCs?0