Help: How to get Label/Title from an item & send to Subtitles dialog?
(2016-10-25, 14:34)burekas Wrote: Regarding opening the subtitle dialog outside kodi player, I already done it.
* For opening the subtitles search dialog I'm defined it in the Keymap.
* For using the subtitle addon outside the kodi player, I just added a condition when Kodi is playaing or not, so when it's not, it's letting me use the Manual Search.
I don't use it for download subtitles (Though I do can download them), just for checking the result list from a specific subtitle addon to get an indication if subtitles are existed or see the release versions etc.
As I said, this is already done and it's working.

My next target is that instead of typying manually the string in the Manual Search, to take the title and pass it to the subtitle dialog.
So I started to create an external addon for this.
Currently, I have the title string. But the problem is as I mentioned -
1) Opening the subtittle search dialog with all the subtitle addons ("Like kodi does" Smile )
2) Sending the title string as an argument which pass it next to the specific subtitle addon (In the same pattern as I wrote previously)

So is it possible or there is no chance?
Is there other idea how to do that?

Thanks for your help

Can someone please answer my last questions?

Thanks
I don't think it's possible to create what you want.

1) Not possible, it's not designed that way.
2) Possible but useless without point 1
News:
I succeeded regarding 1 by using this:
xbmc.executebuiltin('xbmc.activatewindow(subtitlesearch)')

Now I need to know how to pass the arguments (Question 2).
One possible option I think about is by write to an external file in the external addon/read from the file in the subtitle addon.
EDIT: I did it and it works!!! Smile

But my question if there is internal way to pass the arguments to the subtitles dialog which then move it forward to the subtitle addon.
(I'm preferring this way instead of write/read from a file)

I know it can be done with RunScript, but the dialog is not an actually python script or addon.
Another question:

Why these function return empty string on addons while in kodi libraries they works well:
xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.DBTYPE") - Returns value only on some of the addons
xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.OriginalTitle") - always blank

These always works:
xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.Year")
xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.TVShowTitle")
xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.Season")
xbmc.getInfoLabel("ListItem.Episode")

Is there any other way to get the type and the title?

Thanks.
Is someone can please give me some information?

Thanks.
Addons fill that info so if they're lazy and don't fill it, you won't get the info....
@marcelveldt
Thanks,
This is what I thought.

By the way, what about my previous question regarding the xbmc.executebuiltin() function?
As I said, this is actually open the subtitles dialog with all the installed subtitle addons.
Is there any way sending args to the dialog and then will pass it next to the subtitle addon?
just another not possible answer, i'm afraid.

what it boils down to:
- you can't use the subtitles dialog for your purpose
- you can't use any of the existing subtitle addons for your purpose either.

if you want to create a standalone subtitle downloader, you would have to code it from scratch.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Regarding the existing subtitle addons, as I said, I already solved this by adding some fixes to the subtitle addon's code, not so complicated.
The problem is with the subtitles dialog which I don't have the knowledge about it, because it's not regular external script.

Is there any way to do a Click operation on a button in the subtitles dialog from my addon?
A solution that I have thinking about is:
From my addon -
- Clicking on the subtitle addon tab
- Clicking on the Manual Search
- Pasting the title inside and pressing Enter.

Is it possible?

Thank you for your patience.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help: How to get Label/Title from an item & send to Subtitles dialog?0