• 7(current)
Beta Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu
(2017-03-12, 20:34)XorCist Wrote: So I think I'm missing something. I added the addon I want to use thru the Add Menu, but it still wont let me Add anything to favorites thru the addon setup as a Widget. I've read that it has some code written into it to prevent it. I've tried Super Favorites and it also wont work.

Some addon devs still don't like to share.

If you know python look for a "moderator" or "playback_limited".
Seems like a great addon so far. I made a few new folders for apps and a few online youtube channel links. I messed up Super Favorites and was looking for something a bit simpler. Thanks primaeval.
Hi Primeval
I'm using your SF addon, which works great.
I'm having a very minor problem. Say I add a bunch of addons to my SF folder on my Windows computer.
Thumbnails and images all good.
Now if I copy the addon_data to my LE box I get none of the thumbs or images etc.
I know this is because it's using absolute paths but I tried to change them to special and it did not work for me. Is there any way to have the favourites like Kodi or Super favourites?? That would make it easier for me to edit the paths to special://home/addons/xxx.xxx.xxx
(2017-07-02, 21:54)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi Primeval
I'm using your SF addon, which works great.
I'm having a very minor problem. Say I add a bunch of addons to my SF folder on my Windows computer.
Thumbnails and images all good.
Now if I copy the addon_data to my LE box I get none of the thumbs or images etc.
I know this is because it's using absolute paths but I tried to change them to special and it did not work for me. Is there any way to have the favourites like Kodi or Super favourites?? That would make it easier for me to edit the paths to special://home/addons/xxx.xxx.xxx

No.

It depends on the addon whether it translates the special paths or not internally.
For example iplayerwww does so all the links are absolute in Simple Favourites, Super Favourites and Favourites.

If you keep everything in the same place on your shared network drives it should use the same paths on every device for media.
Great addon.

Small problem here. I have made a folder that contains a bunch of Live TV channels that I use as a widget in the home screen of Titan skin. If I click on one of the channels it plays ok but if I stop the playback it takes me to the "video addon browser" and not back to the home screen where I originally clicked to start the stream.

If I do the same thing using a similar link but via the kodi original favorites folder, it goes back to the home screen.

So it seems that only items within the Simple favorite folders go back to the video addon browser.

Any clue how to sort this out ?
(2017-10-19, 07:09)eliw Wrote: Great addon.

Small problem here. I have made a folder that contains a bunch of Live TV channels that I use as a widget in the home screen of Titan skin. If I click on one of the channels it plays ok but if I stop the playback it takes me to the "video addon browser" and not back to the home screen where I originally clicked to start the stream.

If I do the same thing using a similar link but via the kodi original favorites folder, it goes back to the home screen.

So it seems that only items within the Simple favorite folders go back to the video addon browser.

Any clue how to sort this out ?

Do you know enough about Kodi, python and addons to do any experiments?

The code that plays the urls is in main.py

Code:
@plugin.route('/play/<url>')
def play(url):
    xbmc.executebuiltin('PlayMedia("%s")' % url)

There are many ways to launch links in Kodi and this might not be what you need.

If you just want Video links the Video Favourites addon might do what you need.

If you're still stuck try to tell me exactly what you have set up as long as the addons comply with the forum rules and I'll try and fix it.
Smile 
Big thanks for this great plugins.
My favourite Image is the Video Favourites addon, because of the direct links.
I added the "add favourite" feature, which was commented out. But it might be a little dirty.
I cut of the not needed parts of the kodi favourites.xml with a new function.

line 395-402 (undo commenting)
python:
    '''
    items.append(
    {
        'label': "Favourites",
        'path': plugin.url_for('add_favourites',path=path),
        'thumbnail':get_icon_path('favourites'),
    })

line 204-230 (its from your simple favourites with a small new function (see below))
python:
@plugin.route('/add_favourites/<path>')
def add_favourites(path):
    items =
    kodi_favourites = "special://profile/favourites.xml"
    output_file = "%sfavourites.xml" % path
    f = xbmcvfs.File(kodi_favourites,"rb")
    data = f.read()
    favourites = re.findall("<favourite.*?</favourite>",data)
    for fav in favourites:
        url = ''
        match = re.search('>(.*?)<',fav)
        if match:
            url = match.group(1)
        label = ''
        match = re.search('name="(.*?)"',fav)
        if match:
            label = match.group(1)
        thumbnail = get_icon_path('unknown')
        match = re.search('thumb="(.*?)"',fav)
        if match:
            thumbnail = match.group(1)
        if url:
            context_items =
            context_items.append(("[COLOR yellow]%s[/COLOR] " % 'Add', 'XBMC.RunPlugin(%s)' % (plugin.url_for(add_favourite, favourites_file=output_file, name=label, url=transform(url), thumbnail=thumbnail, filetype="unknown"))))
            item = {
                'label': unescape(label),
                'path': url,#plugin.url_for('execute',url=unescape(url)),
                'thumbnail':unescape(thumbnail),
                'context_menu': context_items,
            }
            items.append(item)
    return items

line 45 (new function "transform")
python:

def transform( str ):
    str = str.replace("ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;", "")
    str = str.replace("amp;", "")
    str = str.replace("&quot;,return)", "")
    return str

I hope this was understandable.
I tested it a while and it works so far.

Greetings
Thanks. Could you want to do a pull request on Github and I'll add it in.
Hm, I do not know how to do a pull request. I have to do a little research for it.
It's not too tricky.
Just fork my addon,
make your changes,
push it back to your fork on github.
Do a Pull Request.
Then I can see the changes and add it in.

It gets a bit more complicated when I change something and you need to pull that into your fork.
This shows you how.
https://help.github.com/articles/configu...or-a-fork/
Sorry, it took a while.
But I think I have done it.
Thanks for that.
It's in the repo as version 0.0.2.
I just want to express my unbounded gratitude for this plugin. It made my day! Thank you so much for your trouble in creating this.
I just started using Simple favorites and works great.

I have one request if possible can you add a move button, up and down so the channels can be arranged in a certain order.

Really would be appreciated.
(2018-07-09, 00:23)rocko Wrote: I just started using Simple favorites and works great.

I have one request if possible can you add a move button, up and down so the channels can be arranged in a certain order.

Really would be appreciated.
 Turn off Sort in the Settings and you should get a Move button in the context menu to move them around.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple Favourites - defeats addons that hide the context menu2