Tried SMB, tried NFS....Help!
My main Mac running El Capitan is successfully sharing my hard drive by Apple's file sharing SMB on. With all identical settings on my newer Mac Mini running Sierra, I can't add drive. I have tried everything. Even installed the NFS manager as suggested. What am I doing wrong? Please help. Thanks.
Not clear what you wanna do really...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I want to share my hard drives like I'm doing on El Capitan Mac Pro so that I may use them with Kodi.
(2016-10-12, 21:53)Adidadi Wrote: I want to share my hard drives like I'm doing on El Capitan Mac Pro so that I may use them with Kodi.
What computer would be accessing the shared drive on the Mac Mini? Not sure what NFS manager is, but on my Mac Mini I access NFS shares on a FreeNAS server. Seems to work fine without supplemental software. You might need to describe your setup in more detail and what settings you have tried.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
(2016-10-13, 00:15)Glorious1 Wrote:
(2016-10-12, 21:53)Adidadi Wrote: I want to share my hard drives like I'm doing on El Capitan Mac Pro so that I may use them with Kodi.
What computer would be accessing the shared drive on the Mac Mini? Not sure what NFS manager is, but on my Mac Mini I access NFS shares on a FreeNAS server. Seems to work fine without supplemental software. You might need to describe your setup in more detail and what settings you have tried.

I have an Nvidia Shirld with Kodi. This hardware based Android is not user friendly in finding networked drives. Kodi on Mac and on Windows found them. Not the Nvidia Kodi only sees my smb Mac Pro on El Capitan. My hard drive on my other Mac mini is configured identically and not visible no matter what I do. I replicated Nac Pro settings, I downloaded the German NFS software as someone here recommended. Those didn't work. I downloaded a third part smb and deactivated apple's one and it worked but dropped every few minutes, so not an option.
I really want to see the Mac Mini Hd on my Kodi. Thanks
I'm assuming all this supplemental software you tried is on the Nvidia Shield? So you're saying Kodi on the Mac Pro can find the NFS share on the Mac Mini? That would indicate it's probably set up right. So maybe you have to consider trying downgrading the Mac Mini to El Capitan, since that works on the Mac Pro?
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
The supplemental software was all on the Mac mini. Both Macs see eachother's drives perfectly. I did think about rolling it back, but what a bore. Any other solutions?can I create an alias on the Mac Pro drive that can see the Mac mini and have the Kodi pick that up from the Mac?
Try to read through the nfs link in my signature. Nfs is the only thing that might work without 3rd party software (all but nfsmanager if command line is to hard for you).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2016-10-13, 07:30)Memphiz Wrote: Try to read through the nfs link in my signature. Nfs is the only thing that might work without 3rd party software (all but nfsmanager if command line is to hard for you).

Thank you. I'll try your suggestion later today. I also noticed that Kodi on my Mac has zero conference and successfully finds ALL drives. My Nvidia Shirld doesn't have this zero conf...?!?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Tried SMB, tried NFS....Help!0