Error playing newly added video.
I've written my own python script/addon and installed mariaDb on a Raspberry3.

My addon will query the maria database and return a list of video url's (absolute path) I have stored localy on '/home/pi/Videos'. Reading trough this list the addon will use the Player() class to create a video player object and play those videos. (by calling the url or by creating a playlist object and playing that).

When I start Kodi all works perfectly, the script will query the database and start playling the videos (this function is inside a while block, so it will keep reading the database). While Kodi is running another process will start downloading new videos. After a new video is downloaded the mariaDb will be updated so that Kodi will now it has to play a new video. But it will fail!

While trying to play the newly added video it will fail with:

http://pastebin.com/FjTw99Nx

On screen a OKdialog will pop up, announcing "Playback Failed" ... check the log for more info....

Tho, if i restart Kodi it will happily play the new video. So the problem occurs when a new video is stored while Kodi itself is working.

Things I've tried:
- play video as url
- play video from playlist object
- delete video object after each play and recreate for new play

Things to know :
I start kodi with "taskset -c 0 kodi-standalone" from raspberry console. I am running Raspbian Jessie, Kodi Jarvis installed with apt-get. I've set up "gpu_mem=160" in "config.txt".

Can't figure out what's wrong :(
not a problem if a create a playlist of at least 2 videos and play that. If it can't play the new file it will jump to the next item in the playlist without raising an error

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error playing newly added video.0