LIRC - how to select another remote control
i understand LIRC filters which remote control is being passed on to Kodi. How to tell to the LIRC that I want to use a praticular remote control and to ignore anything else? I am using Raspberry and LibreElec. I want to use a Remote A in one device and Remote B in another identical device.

IRW will show commands only from one remote. But, killing lircd and trying with
> mode2 -d /dev/lirc0, I can see any remote is being read. So, I need a simple way to tell to the LIRC that I want it to use some other remote. I presume I should say that to the LIRC, likely in lircd.conf. I would not like to have to define every keypress. Just tel: use different remote using the same standard. Each keypress has encoded which remote is sending it, so a Panaonic and Philips RC6 codes are not be the same.

I want to get 2 different Kodi devices in the same room, both using RC6 commandset to not recognize remote control intended for the other device? I can program anything into a Logitech Harmony remote. Now I am using Microsoft Media Center PC (Windows Media Center SE) commandset for a remote.

As I am dealing with a pure IR sensor (not some finished product), I guess it recognizes anything, not neceserily only RC6.

I can change remote definition in one device into e.g. Philips RC-153 (Media center remote) but how to tell to the LIRC (or Kodi) in a certain device it should recognize only Philips RC-153 and not Microsoft Media Center PC (Windows Media Center SE)?
Nobody knows this? Not a single idea?

There is a text about that at lirc documentation, but, I will have to do a lot of experimenting to get it right. Text is not detailed enough Sad
What OS are you using? What IR receiver are you using?

RC6 is RC6 so, if the both are set to RC6 both will respond to RC6.

Some come with built-in lircd.conf that is good for most remotes. You could find it in each system and edit it by deleting remotes so that each would be controlled by a separate RC, then program the Harmony.

Or, you could try calling your Harmony a RC6 remote and a RC5 remote. Then follow the directions for creating your own lircd.conf on each device (one RC5 one RC6) using irrecord, or one of the pre made ones available.

On most OSs you can just make a lircd.conf and place it in the correct directory to over ride the built-in. It depends on the OS which directory.
LibreELEC is /storage/.config.
That is about what I was thinking. I hoped there is a way to say: I am using this particlar remote. They may use RC6, but they do not send the same IC signals. Each keypres has inside an ID about the make of the remote. Think how you can use many remotes in the same room with no problems with other devices. They may all use RC6.

Some old remotes even have a switch to use two of the same devices in the same room. They both use the same codes.
I can not believe nobody here knows answer. This is one of things which worked last probably 30+ years until we swiched it to computers. Now, nobody here knows how to say simply: use second remote control for second device of the same type. Eell, we could do it on 80's and 90's we do not need to do it no.

Same as Kodi has no slow motion and frame by frame. Nobody needs that any more. That is some improvement! Luckily, at lest my computer has frame by fame and slow motion with recording I have. Of course, I keep it Kodi free as I want things to work here.
Have a look at "ir-keytable -p".

Maybe try adding "ir-keytable -p <protocol for RemoteB>" in autostart.sh, eg. "ir-keytable -p sony" and see where that gets you.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LIRC - how to select another remote control0