toggling submenus
I'm working with the Aeon Nox 5 skin, and would like to add a bit of code to toggle the submenus like the Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO mod does. The submenus in his build hide/unhide by toggling with the remote or mouse. This way, the main menus only display the submenu items beneath when toggled. I have an '18+' menu item, but don't really want the subs to display their names across the screen unless I toggle them. Tongue

Thanks in advance.. any help appreciated.
I switched to madnox instead. Way more configurable. Smile
Well.. Madnox was a little bloated, so I went back to Aeon Nox 5.. the original. Cleaner, simpler.. and easier to batch convert the entire colour scheme in GIMP without having to check all the damn icons first. Tongue I found the code to toggle the submenu bar, or at least part of it... but, without trying, it looks as if it requires more code than what I was able to find in SiLVO's version.

The string:
Enable.VisibleSubmenu

Found in:
1080i/Home.xml
1080i/SkinSettings.xml

I guess I can live with a non-toggling submenu. Tongue
Or you could just disable the setting below Wink

P.S. Don't make builds, they are not welcome on these forums.
Thanks... but that option isn't in the regular Aeon Nox 5 skin. Isn't that just for the RSS feed though, and not the actual submenu?

As for "making builds"... this is a personal project, like many others on this forum. I don't post anything I've ever made... I only share the steps I went through. I believe in diy.

cheers.

edit: I didn't look close enough... the option's there, but it's greyed out. I must have set something elsewhere.

edit2: ok... I now see what you meant. I went back into Confluence, enabled RSS feeds, then went back to Aeon Nox. RSS feed's at the top of the screen.. I assumed it would be at the bottom, like Confluence. I 'detached' the RSS feed as you suggested.. it moves the feed from the top of the screen to the bottom, over top of the submenu. So.. you're essentially toggling between the RSS feed and the submenu. That 'works'... but not what I really wanted. Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
toggling submenus0