Sideload Kodi on tvOS using Xcode8
Hello,

I have seem lots of information on how to sideload kodi on appleTV4 using xCode7, but I haven't seem Xcode8 guides yet.
Signing does not work using the app signer as described in lots of guides of sideloading kodi using Xcode7.

Anyway, lots of things have changed, any idea how to sideload kodi (easily) on appletv4 using SierraOS and Xcode8?

Thank you,
(2016-10-16, 17:15)Ftmiranda Wrote: Hello,

I have seem lots of information on how to sideload kodi on appleTV4 using xCode7, but I haven't seem Xcode8 guides yet.
Signing does not work using the app signer as described in lots of guides of sideloading kodi using Xcode7.

Anyway, lots of things have changed, any idea how to sideload kodi (easily) on appletv4 using SierraOS and Xcode8?

Thank you,

Xcode 8 has a slightly different interface but the process is still the same...
  • Create a new iOS/tvOS project
  • In the first screen that shows up click "Fix Issue"
  • Open iOS App Signer and select your certificate and the profile
  • Click sign
  • You'll then have an IPA that you can either drop in iTunes and let it install it or go into Xcode and install it through there

I haven't personally tested it in Sierra yet but I know it works with Xcode 8 on El Capitan

Do you already have the profile and are having problems with the signing part?

If so, could you please copy the App Signer log into pastebin.com and post the link here? You can get it by clicking View > Application Log
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Hello,

On the first screen, after I created the tvOS project, it does not show any "fix issue"
As for the App signer, I'm not sure what happened, after a clean shutdown of the computer, and restart everything not it shows the option to sign the deb file that will become an ipa file.
After I could sign the ipa file, its just like you said, same steps to load kodi on tvOS.
Thanks for the help,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sideload Kodi on tvOS using Xcode80