Win No Subwoofer Coming from Kodi
Sorry guys if this is the wrong place for this, my first post.
On my Dell laptop, e7240, I have the hdmi audio setup for 5.1, subwoofer tests ok in Windows

Running Vlc, I get subwoofer output, but with kodi nothing.

I have a Denon Avr900 receiver with hdmi connection. Have tried multiple sound setups on the Denon, but the same: Vlc plays the subwoofer, but I don't get anything from kodi. Disc is a ISO rip of my Game of Thrones season 2 disc 1. Only sound choices in kodi is 5.1 so I don't know what could be going on.
Are you passing through or decoding?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not sure what you mean. The laptop is playing an ISO file through kodi and the laptop hdmi is connected to the Denon receiver. In kodi I have ac3 5.1 selected as the audio track. I've tried direct, multi channel etc on the Denon but no joy.
Please screenshot your audio settings in Kodi and provide a full debug log (wiki).
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for your interest in helping me.

no audio selections other than the ac3 5.1 soundtrack are being selected in kodi
i saw the steps in creating a debug script......you have got to be kidding me....why dont i dig up richard feynmann and have him walk me through it

regardless, there is no point in creating the debug info....kodi isnt stopping, hanging up, etc. its just not getting the subwoofer sound to the denon receiver.

i have tried this with cyberlink powerdvd and it too works, subwoofer wise, as does VLC. kodi is not transmitting the sw info out
Yes and that is probably your mistake as I can assure you Kodi works fine. No debug log no more help I'm afraid.
The point is, the text file kodi.log, with "debug" turned on in the Kodi settings, provides valuable info on how Kodi is running when you are playing your video file. No need for any "scripts" if you don't want. Just turn on debugging, play the file, exit and upload the entire kodi.log contents to pastebin web site.

scott s.
And whats more screenshots are easy, place them on imgur and paste the image link.

I think you are mistaking the OSD settings and the settings i want you to screenshot, which are under System|Settings|Audio Output.
This old article may give you some understanding.

[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-10-18, 05:06)mikaelnt Wrote: This old article may give you some understanding.

[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone (typie typie)

https://audyssey.zendesk.com/entries/744...same-thing-

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-10-18, 05:07)mikaelnt Wrote:
(2016-10-18, 05:06)mikaelnt Wrote: This old article may give you some understanding.

[emoji4]

https://audyssey.zendesk.com/entries/744...same-thing-

Sorry you are way off topic now.
Have you changed Audio output to use WASPI and not Direct i had almost same issue when i first got my 5.1 surround also tick upmixing has nothing to do with the woofer problem but atleast you can then play stereo in "fake" Surround make sure if kodi use directsound and you change it to WASP that you check the speakers does not def to stereo.
And kinda agree with you on the debug log but NICK is right hard to help someone if you do not get info
Like calling a car mechanic and telling him your car has a problem and he needs to fix it but he has to do it over the phone Big Grin get my point m8
Smile
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Yes it does appear that Astrin doesn't actually want help.
(2016-10-18, 20:53)nickr Wrote: Yes it does appear that Astrin doesn't actually want help.

Well you do learn more fixing it yourself and if that does not work i use a big hammer. "Not Recommended"

Yea i think you lost him somewhere around he would not post his debug.log so you "Nick" could have told him the exact problem
Or perhaps when you then told him "Firmly" you could not help understandable, like my mechanic point
Or i sometimes get called at night My internet isnt working "Whats wrong" My internet do not work "mkay" can you tell me what to do,
"I need to check your Connection, and Cat cable and see whats wrong" My Cat isnt called Cable its fluffy Do you think it was the Cat that broke my internet "NO" "ill stop by in 5 mins"

My client had ofc tried to fix it by him self AND somehow manage to connect the RJ45 to the Phonejack how he manage to get it into a socket smaller then the RJ45 i never found out.
He could not Remember that he had connected the RJ45 to the Phonejack Big Grin

I removed the RJ45 from the phone socket connected it to the RJ45 socket bling IC Was back online
So my Point is if you have 10 Kodi Supporters who can properly help with some basic info from a log file takes 5 mins to make or what ever
Well you should really use them or else they get Fat and Lazy "hehe sry"
Sitting around on their as... woops behind
If there are any Female kodi supporters you ofc do not get Fat or lazy you remain beautiful and thin
"Have 4 Sisters so i would never say such a thing applied to you Females if kodi has any on staff" Big Grin Was tuff Growing up as a Boy with 4 sisters
But at least i learned what never to say and Fat is a def No No word Smile

Well that was my bedtime story for you Guys.
I hope you enjoyed it and as i Never lie its 90% true and 10% Is just told differently to make it fun to read, or is it Vice Versa Big Grin
God Night
English is not my native language; please excuse typing errors.
Grampa Simpson: Unfortunately, like all true stories, this one has a crappy ending. You have a story with an ending.
Grampa, are you sure you're okay to drive at night? Grampa: It's night?
Banned add-ons
Sorry guys I lost track of this thread! I just now noticed the email saying there was responses.

I did try changing the receiver speakers from large to small so the sub would get a signal. No joy.

If i have time ill try to generate a debugs script.

I did try installing kunbuntu and kodi on one desktop.......sub worked fine! Yes!

Kodi on windows did not, win 8/10/7 no matter. Different processors, different chip sets (video) but no sub. Again, on every machine, VLC worked fine and so did Cyberlink Power DVD. Not kodi.So i dont thinks its the windows driver.

Again, thanks for the help guys!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Subwoofer Coming from Kodi0