Still can't get advancedsettings.xml to read
can anyone share their advancedsettings.xml file they are using on any recent builds & how you got it on the apple tv? i have the dropbox plugin but that's still down. Any previous builds i'd add the advancedsettings.xml with MY PREFERENCE of zero cache ( don't need to tell me it's not recommended) & it worked but in any recent builds in the last few months (currently using July 10th but have tested any after) it won't read the advancedsettings even with the updated settings that changed from wiki. If anyone would share their XML file & how you got it on any recent builds would be much appreciated as easy advanced settings won't write to apple tv in recent builds as well
Are you copying the file using the Kodi file manager?

All I do is copy my advanced settings file from a network share using the file manager and Kodi handles it just fine

You could also try quitting Kodi using the close button in the bottom left corner of the main menu after you copy the file
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2016-10-17, 21:53)DanTheMan827 Wrote: Are you copying the file using the Kodi file manager?

All I do is copy my advanced settings file from a network share using the file manager and Kodi handles it just fine

You could also try quitting Kodi using the close button in the bottom left corner of the main menu after you copy the file

can you post your advancedsettings file for me to try please with the updated cache settings that are used in kodi 17
(2016-10-17, 22:31)chrisjohnson83 Wrote:
(2016-10-17, 21:53)DanTheMan827 Wrote: Are you copying the file using the Kodi file manager?

can you post your advancedsettings file for me to try please with the updated cache settings that are used in kodi 17
All that's in my advancedsettings.xml is my MySQL settings

I haven't changed any cache settings or had a need to
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
here's mine:

<advancedsettings>
<cache>
<memorysize>1073741824</memorysize> <!-- number of bytes used for buffering streams in memory
When set to 0 the cache will be written to disk instead of RAM (1073741824)=1GB-->
<buffermode>0</buffermode> <!-- Choose what to buffer:
0) Buffer all internet filesystems (like "2" but additionally also ftp, webdav, etc.) (default)
1) Buffer all filesystems (including local)
2) Only buffer true internet filesystems (streams) (http, etc.)
3) No buffer -->
<readfactor>50.0</readfactor> <!-- this factor determines the max readrate in terms of readbufferfactor * avg bitrate of a video file.
This can help on bad connections to keep the cache filled. It will also greatly speed up buffering. Default value 4.0. -->
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

change
<memorysize>1073741824</memorysize>
to read:
<memorysize>0</memorysize>
if you intend to write the cache to disk instead of RAM.
References can be found on:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_v17_(Krypton)...ml_changes
(Para 4.1)
http://kodi.wiki/view/Advancedsettings.xml
(Para 2.8.4)
The file goes into "profile directory".
I used a smb server from Windows XP to copy the file (had issues with smb on Windows 10).
By default advancedsettings.xml is not located in Kyrpton why is that?

Also were do I put the Advancedsettings.xml?

/var/mobile/Library/Caches/home?

Thanks you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Still can't get advancedsettings.xml to read0