Advancedsettings.xml
Hey guys!

Since I'm having some trouble with my ISP making high latency every evening my IPTV through my PVR needs some more buffering.
I've tried several of things finding out that editing the advancesettings file made some progress.
I've used the code below which seem to work and the sound and picture is fine.

My problem is that my ISP's problem is a bandwidth problem accuring only during evening hours between 6pm to about 10pm.
So, to my question....

Does the xml code support IF-statements. And if so.. how in the world can I set an if statement that solves my problem that I only need the code below to happen between 6pm and 10pm

Tricky huh? =)

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pvr>
   <minvideocachelevel>10<minvideocachelevel>
   <maxvideocachelevel>20<maxvideocachelevel>
</pvr>
</advancedsettings>

Also after reading a lot about the advancedsettings file I realize that the maxvideocachelevel isn't written out on kodi's wiki. Only the minvideocachelevel.
Isn't the max supported?

really need some help... thanks!
You could use a cron job which swaps out advancedsettings.xml at 6 and 10 with your desired settings and reboots your device. Of course, this isn't great if your machine is both the TV frontend and backend and is recording something during the reboot.

Another answer, but probably undesirable, is to rag on your cable provider to upgrade the node where you live or switch to a dsl provider so congestion isn't an issue.

I'm not familiar with and don't use that cache setting, so can't help you with the details of maximums and minimums.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Advancedsettings.xml0