v16 Library not updating
I'm having a problem where my library isn't updating, or at least, it isn't updating in a timely fashion.

My HTPC also houses all the storage drives, currently, so all the media is stored locally. The .ts files that get created from recordings off my antenna show up in the TV -> Recordings screen, but then not in the actual Videos library. Additionally, once MCEBuddy gets done stripping the commercials and encoding to h.264, the new .mkv file doesn't appear anywhere. The same thing happens if I download a video file from my main PC and save it to the shared network drive.

Selecting "Update Library" doesn't help. It runs for a few seconds, then stops, like it's done, but nothing new shows up.

If I close Kodi and reopen, though, all the new media appears. Shouldn't "Update Library" trigger the same functionality that happens on the startup library scan?

I've also tried the Watchdog plugin, but I get the same behavior.

It seems like the media eventually appears on its own, but I'm not sure, because I'm so used to just restarting Kodi to get my media visible...

Any thoughts?
Nobody has run into this problem? Sad
Looks like you're running some non standard add-ons (at least from my perspective) I trigger my library update with the slide-out menu in video mode and never had an issue. On occasion if the search name isn't defined well (or date issues), it will pass on the listing after a timeout and I'll have to locate and manually add it. My suspicion is one of these non standard programs is working the background and is not fully ended it's process (perhaps archiving, or re-encoding) and the movie file is not 100% complete or holding the process which causes Kodi to skip those on the update. To check this, put a completed MKV with all the meta-data into one of the other source drives and update the library, you should be presented with this as a duplicate.

I surmise that a plain jane Kodi run in portable mode will not have this issue. I'd suggest posting a proper debug log posted to a public paste-bin and that URL linked back to this thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library not updating0