OS X Scraping issue on OSX followed by crash
Hey folks,

Been using Kodi on my main media server (OSX) for years with no problem, but today when I've done a fresh install on my Macbook Pro (about to head off on a long haul flight) I've been having a problem with the files not scraping, both for TV and Movies.

Running Kodi 16.1 (Jarvis) on Mac OSX 10.10.5, with no add-ons installed, and with the program authorised to go through the firewall in security preferences.

Seeing as I can access the internet and other files no problem on the laptop and Kodi is a fresh install (I have also done a clean re-install with the same results - including deleting the Application support files in Library), I'm relatively sure the laptop is interfering somehow, though I'm not sure where to start looking in the log.

I'm hoping the Debug file might help to shed some light on this, as when I try to scrape any TV show, it causes Kodi to crash also.

Log file - https://paste.Ubuntu.com/23349452

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kurist
Can you post the crash report aswell please?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hey Memphiz,

Crash log is here: http://pastebin.com/GtUYBvRu

Thanks!
What exactly do you do to make it crash? Looks like you are doing sonething while it scrapes in the background eventually?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
The crash is occuring after I've attempted to scrape any individual series.
The initial update can't connect to the server or scrape anything. After I cancel it and click "i" on a series to try and manually scrape it (have tested multiple shows) it can't connect to the server either.
Clicking okay on this message causes a Crash to Desktop.
Does that help?

Main issue is it won't scrape anything, which appears to be triggering the crash as a byproduct when I attempt to scrape series one by one.
Mhhh could you write this down in baby steps for me - just assume i have no clue what you are talking about.
Sure :-)
1. Booted up Kodi
2. Updated library
3. Update library fails to connect to TVDb/IMDb for all files.
4. Cancel Library update after multiple attempts to connect.

This is the main issue here, which I suspect is related to the crash. From here:

5. Went into videos and view unscraped files.
6. Attempted to manually add files to library through pressing "i" on the keyboard.
7. Kodi fails to connect to TVDb/IMDb, creating pop-up message.
8. Clicking on this notification to close it causes the crash.

I've tried this with multiple TV shows and films, with the same result, even if I skip steps 2, 3 & 4.
Everything scrapes fine on my Media Server in the other room with the same content on it's drive, but not on the laptop for some reason. I've tried loading the files to the internal hard drive also to rule out the drive, with the same results :-(

UPDATE:
I've tried different builds of Kodi with the same result, however when I created a seperate user profile, all builds are working fine on that profile.
Looks like my user account is where the problem lies, and even with firewall off, user permissions checked and drive permissions checked, I'm still getting the CTD. Looks like the issue is OSX User related, so I'm going ot do some experimenting with changing my user lib files.
Ok thx - so i have to find those failing connection attamps in your log first once i got some spare time ...
Only just got proper internet access again.

The solution I ended up using was creating a new user profile and migrating everything to it.

While this resolved the issue, it hasn't given me any idea on what the problem was to begin with.

Best bet at this stage is that it was an issue in the user library file from another program, somehow effecting the permissions (the user profiles and their libraries are on a second HD with the OS on the Primary).

Thanks for your help Memphis!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scraping issue on OSX followed by crash0