Live TV not deleting Temp file in NextPVR
This has been an issue that I've posted about on the NextPVR forums and have had the problem verified by several other users of Kodi with NextPVR as the DVR backend. After several months and a recent NextPVR version upgrade their change logs did not mention the problem at all. I'm posting this here because I'm hoping this is a Kodi issue, and that you all may be able to resolve, as NextPVR has not resolved this issue.

The issue is that while watching LiveTV, and only on liveTV, the temp file generated by NextPVR will not delete after the channel is stopped or changed and that starts a cascading effect that any channel switched to after that point creates another temp file that also will not delete. This will continue if not noticed until the entire drive is full with temp recordings. As long as Kodi is recording scheduled shows and as long as access is not attempted remotely there is no indication that this is happening other than if you check your drive and notice it's full. Recorded shows will continue to record on schedule but if any attempt is made to access the tuner remotely it gives the tuner is in use error and after that point Kodi will then also give the tuner is in use error. The only way to stop it is to restart the NPVR recording service and the delete the temp folder.

Using NextPVR or Emby to watch liveTV creates the temp file which is then deleted when the channel is stopped or changed. Only watching liveTV with Kodi produces this error.
Here's what I do when that happens:
1. Stop all kodi clients from playing live tv (press stop on your remote).
2. On the back end server, right click NextPVR system tray icon and select "restart recording service".
3. Goto NextPVR tmp directory and delete all tmp files.

If you skip step 2, you will not be able to delete all tmp files because NextPVR will have them opened and locked.

Sent from my GT-P3113
Thanks for the response @jmooremcc but I'm aware of that and would like to see if the Kodi devs can figure out why this happens, since it looks like NextPVR can't fix this, or they haven't yet. Not certain if this is anything that Kodi can correct, since NextPVR is the DVR of my Kodi installation, but just thought I would post the topic here to find out.
(2016-10-21, 18:13)DParsons Wrote: Thanks for the response @jmooremcc but I'm aware of that and would like to see if the Kodi devs can figure out why this happens, since it looks like NextPVR can't fix this, or they haven't yet. Not certain if this is anything that Kodi can correct, since NextPVR is the DVR of my Kodi installation, but just thought I would post the topic here to find out.
It's definitely a NextPVR side thing, not directly Kodi related, so a Kodi dev isn't going to be able to help you out with this.
Thanks sub3. It was worth a shot. Back to NextPVR forums then. Not really a huge issue for me since I don't watch a lot of livetv but it would nice if it worked.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Live TV not deleting Temp file in NextPVR0