Multiple episodes TV-shows on DVD-Video and library/database scans
Awesome, thanks for the info and for posting it.
radar_dx Wrote:Seems that when the episode numbers are the same across multiple seasons the duplicates get missed by the scrubber. In the above example, I got episode information for Season 4, Ep. 4 & 5, and Season 5, Ep. 6 (nothing for Season 5, Ep. 4 & 5).

thanks for the feedback, i've noticed some inconsistencies with scraping episodes of some of my rips lately. i'll look into it and submit another patch if i can narrow down a problem.

and yeah, currently the database caches thumbnails one per file, so you'll get the same thumbnail for every episode associated with it. (ref regarding twoparters: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=148719&postcount=4)
this is another thing that's been bothering me lately, maybe next rainy day i'm feeling motivated i'll take a look.
s23x,

When I first came across the multiple episode naming convention, saw this as well:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=150...stcount=11

Specifically the bit about "Create episode bookmark". Was that ever implemented? (Seems like it'd be very useful).

Thx.
Yup, it was implemented in rev 10494
Ha...completely missed that one when i was going over the OSD; that rocks! Smile

(nice job)
hey radar_dx,

i finally had a chance to look at this [...+2 months later, yay for being single again Wink] and i think i've narrowed down the problem thanks to your description. after scraping, an episode would get skipped if it had an already had an entry in the database with the same episode number for the filename in question. the season wasn't being considered.
i'll submit a patch shortly and hopefully it'll get integrated.
s23x,

Thanks, much appreciated!

Any luck with the per-episode thumbnail? Wink
i've taken a brief look at the thumbnail stuff. i'll poke around a bit more this weekend, no promise of a quick turnaround though Smile
With any of these new revisions does anyone know if its possible to get the correct information of TV shows from thetvdb.com. What i have been doing is ripping each individually from the dvd's one title at a time then renaming according to a standard format. My main folder is called House then in the subfolders each 'dvd' is called for example S2E01...S2E24 all of them individually. Then in each episode folder i have audio-ts and video-ts folders, just like when i rip my movies, each folder is only one episode no menus or any garbage, i wanted to do it this way to minimize video and audio lose.
It's been possible for quite a while (been doing it since i got XBMC back in October, sure it's been available since then).

I'd recommend ripping to ISOs (can still create ISOs from DVD rips...see mkisofs under linux), as it makes any other burning or file re-orgs much easier. DVD Shrink can also read the audio/video_ts folders and convert to ISOs (w/no loss of quality).

To use the scrapers, set the content on your folders to "TV Shows", and then select "The TVDB.com" as the scraper.

(FYI - also, do yourself a favor and poke around at the wiki; this stuff is all in there; some of the admins get pretty crabby when it's not read before posting)
Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple episodes TV-shows on DVD-Video and library/database scans0